Course DescriptionThis is the sixth workshop in the ten week Entrepreneurial Success Workshop Series. Upon completion of Operations Management, students will: consider how to produce their product/deliver their service, be able to think about supplier considerations, understand basic distribution channels, understand how to determine technology needs, understand the importance of a strong management team, understand the importance of location, and be aware of questions to ask when renting, leasing, buying etc.
- Understand the concept of differentiation
- Be able to list differentiating factors in their business
- Understand how the previously completed target market description, industry analysis and competitive analysis will affect the strategy(s) their company should consider.
- Have a grasp of risk assessment & insurance needs
- Understand key human resource laws and best practices
- Understand how their management style will develop company culture
- Have considered how they will produce their product/deliver their service
- Be able to think about supplier considerations
- Understand basic distribution channels
- Understand how to determine technology needs
- Understand the importance of a strong management team
- Understand the importance of location
- Be aware of questions to ask when renting, leasing, buying