Interested in learning about Politics and Government? Join Temple University Harrisburg OWLS in Government Virtual Summer Camp. During our two week camp, youth will explore and learn details about how state and local government functions. Students will also participate in mock debates and meet local and state representatives. *This program is open to high school students, grades 9 - 12.
Scholarship funds may be available. For more information, please contact Danielle Martin via email at email@example.com
Dates: Monday through Friday for two weeks. When registering, you are enrolling for both weeks, which is 10 sessions/days.
- Week 1: Monday, June 14 - Friday June 18, 2021
- Week 2: Monday, June 21, 2021 - Friday June 25, 2021
Times: 9:30 am - 1:30 pm (every day)
- 9:30 am - 10:30 am: Session I
- 10:30 am - 11:30 am: Session II
- 11:30 am - 12:00 pm: Lunch Break
- 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm: Session III
- 1:00 pm - 1:30 pm: Recap and Wrap up the day
- 1:30 pm: End of the day
Temple University Harrisburg’s Summer Program will provide a wonderful opportunity for youth to:
- Be introduced to state/local government and meet state/local representatives.
- Learn about and understand the importance of state and local government.
- Learn about the relation between education and government.
- Learn the process of how a bill is introduced and made into law.
- Make new friends and engage with TUH staff
- If you have questions about this program, please contact Danielle Martin, M.Ed via email at firstname.lastname@example.org