ONCE1157 - ACT Test Prep Live-Online Blitz (ONLINE)
The ACT Live-online Blitz is an intensive test prep program that provides students with the tools they need to prepare for and succeed on the ACT®. ACT Blitz classes, offered during the academic year, are strategically scheduled for the weeks leading up to the most popular ACT test dates. Classes are scheduled to allow time to practice new skills between sessions. Our multi-week course format allows abundant opportunities for learning and for interacting with our expert instructors. The ACT Blitz classes are currently offered live, online in a synchronous format, providing you with the opportunity to interact in real-time with our expert instructors. The Live-Online ACT Blitz is offered online using Adobe Connect, a free browser plug-in. All you need are a high-speed internet connection, speakers or head phones, and Adobe Flash Player, which can also be downloaded for free.
The ACT Blitz includes:
- 16 hours of classroom instruction
- Experienced, dedicated instructors
- Official preparation guide which includes practice tests from ACT
- Course workbook
- Thorough presentations and explanations
- Easy-to-follow study plan
- Access to online support resources
The ACT Blitz covers:
- Practice solution techniques for problems containing variables.
- Learn efficient approaches to complicated multi-step problems.
- Discover tactics for translating difficult word problems into equations.
- Identify correct idiomatic speech in sentence correction problems.
- Understand the basic concepts of rhetorical construction.
- Learn which grammar errors are most frequently tested.
- Understand which part of the passage to read for reading comprehension questions.
- Recognize the difference between global and local test items.
- Identify passages written from the journalistic and engaged perspectives.
Science Reasoning Topics
- Identify parameters for test items involving graphs and charts.
- Interpolate or extrapolate answers from data given in tables.
- Recognize the point of an experiment in research summary items.
General Test Taking Topics
- Use the process of elimination.
- Master time management skills.
- Minimize test anxiety.
- Identify common distractors.
This live, online course is designed for rising 11th and rising 12th graders. Choose the section, to the right, that best meets your needs.
Cancellation, Withdrawal and Refund Policy
A participant who withdraws from a non-credit course, in writing, up to one-week prior to the starting date of the course, will receive a refund, minus a $25 withdrawal fee; for all certificate programs the withdrawal fee is $50. For courses costing $75 or less, the withdrawal fee is $10 per course. No refunds will be given after that time. E-mail your withdrawal request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if you do not officially withdrawal from a course and you do not attend the course, you are still responsible for payment. Temple University reserves the right to cancel a course for any reason. If the course is cancelled, you will be notified, and your entire tuition will be refunded.