ONCE1130 - CSS Fundamentals (online)
In this introductory course, you will learn how to style web pages using Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) coding language. Topics include using inline, internal, and external CSS, web typography, formatting text, working with web colors, using Google fonts, working with id and class selectors, working with elements, creating page layouts using elements, and CSS box model.
Upon successful completion of this workshop students should be able to:
- Style HTML web pages using CSS
- Style text, lists, links and tables using CSS
- Apply inline, internal and external CSS styling
- Work with div elements
- Modify CSS box model properties
- Create web page layout using div elements
- Work with id and class selectors
- Work with web colors and web fonts
- Styling text using CSS
- Working with web colors and web fonts
- Working with inline, internal and external CSS
- Working with div elements
- Understanding id and class selectors
- Understanding CSS box model
What you will do
For each Unit, you will:
- Read the print readings (about 20 pages a week)
- Have the option of accessing the online readings
- Listen to the audio presentation for the Unit and view the slides
- Have the option of taking a self-quiz to see how much you have learned
- Engage in written online discussion with your instructor and other participants
For best learning, you should make one or more comments at 2-3 different times each week. The content (readings, audio lectures, slides) and self quizzes are accessible for the entire course, so you can work ahead, or go back and review again, at your convenience.
The Discussion for each Unit lasts one week. All comments are made in writing and can be made at any time of the day or night. Your instructor will log into the Discussion area at least once a day and answer questions, make comments, and respond to comments by you and the other participants. We encourage you to make 2-3 comments each week to maximize your learning and enjoyment of the course.
Instructor: Andy Helmi, is a graphic and website designer, technical consultant and an online marketing specialist located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. His education background includes over ten years of academic training in electronic/computer engineering, graphic and web design, music and digital photography.
You will receive the virtual classroom invitation from UGotClass prior to the start of the course. Typically, classroom invitations are sent out the Wednesday prior to the start of the course. If you don't receive the classroom invitation/link, please contact the Office of Non-Credit and Continuing Education at email@example.com or 267-468-8500.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Coding Certificate (Online) : Coding Certificate (Online)