PCHA0028 - Personal Care Home Administrator Exam - Virtual
The PCHA Exam is required for all all individuals that complete the 100-hour standardized department-approved administrator training course after Jan. 31, 2009. Individuals must successfully complete the test with a passing score of 80 or higher in accordance with 55 Pa.Code § 2600.64(a)(3) (relating to administrator training and orientation). The test MUST be successfully completed prior to an individual being hired as an administrator. Additionally, an individual who completed the 100-hour course prior to January 1, 2009 and who was hired or promoted to work as an administrator on or after April 1, 2012 must take and pass the competency test.
In accordance with 55 Pa.Code § 2600.64(g), a licensed nursing home administrator hired as a personal care home administrator after Jan. 31, 2009 must complete and pass the department-approved personal care home administrator competency-based training test.
- The online exam is provided through the PA Department of Human Services website and you will know your results when you finish the exam.
- Temple University Harrisburg proctors this online exam. Exams are held virtually, via Zoom, and are by appointment only.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to set an appointment.
- The exam cost is $150, due at registration.
- Participants MUST be able to access the Zoom platform via the desktop website or mobile app.
- Participants MUST have audio and video capabilities (whether on the desktop website or mobile app) in order to complete the exam.
You may not register for the Personal Care Home Administrators Exam unless:
- You have taken the 100 Hour Personal Care Home Administrators Course at a DHS approved training facility and can document your attendance.
- You have a current PA NHA license and you provide a copy of your license prior to the exam.
Looking to become a Personal Care Home Administrator? Check out our 100 hour course, now virtual!