Discover your unique and powerful writing voice. Campers will explore and trust that voice through a writing workshop that affirms writers, builds confidence, and creates a supportive writing community. We will explore all genres of writing including, short stories, poetry, prose, plays, song lyrics, spoken word, novels and graphic novels. Spend time developing the craft of writing this summer!
This Creative Writing Workshop is based on methods found in the Amherst Writers and Artists (AWA) organization. The AWA philosophy is based on the following five principles:
1. Everyone has a strong, unique voice;
2. Everyone is born with creative genius;
3. Writing as an art form belongs to all people, regardless of economic class or educational level;
4. The teaching of craft can be done without damage to a writer’s original voice or artistic self-esteem; and
5. A writer is someone who writes.
The instructor, Tammy Markowitz, is trained and certified to lead writing workshops using the AWA method and works specifically with youth and novice writers.
This camp is held online and is best suited for rising 8th graders and rising 9th graders.
M-F, July 20 to 24, 2020, from 9 AM to 12 PM
This is a half-day camps