This 2-week program offered by Temple University Harrisburg will provide a wonderful opportunity for rising 10th, 11th, &12th graders to:
- Take an accelerated test prep workshop
- Write a compelling college admissions essay
- Learn about resources available to assist with college success
- Make new friends and engage with faculty and staff
8:30 AM - 9:00 AM - Sign-in and Continental Breakfast
9:00 AM -12:30 PM SAT Prep Workshop (Morning Sessions)
The SAT Prep course is designed to provide effective study strategies, break down the test into manageable pieces, and assist with understanding the different types of questioning. Although test scores are just one piece of the college admissions puzzle, most students experience test anxiety. Learn tips and strategies that will help with test anxiety before and during the test.
12:30 PM - 1:00 PM Lunch Break* (please see notes section for details)
1:00 PM - 3:30 PM Essay Writing and Resources Workshop (Afternoon Sessions)
Students will work interactively with a writing instructor to craft and admissions to help their application stand out. Students will also meet Temple University staff to learn about resources and how to be successful in college.
Students will use writing techniques and strategies to write an effective college admissions essay.
- Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided each day
- If you have an allergy or dietary issue, please contact Danielle Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Participants are welcome to pack snacks, beverages
- Temple Harrisburg Campus is located inside of Strawberry Square, and there is a food court with many options
- If you have any questions regarding this program, please contact Danielle Martin at email@example.com
- If you have questions regarding registration for this program, please contact Carolyn Truchon at firstname.lastname@example.org