The Bridge Program: Learn to EARN! provides participants with the opportunity for success in the workforce and life. It prepares participants to enter various training, education, and work ready programs equipped and motivated to learn. According to the Employment and Training Administration Industry Competency Models (careeronestop.org), "Willingness to Learn" is a requirement across industries in the 21st Century job market. Learning the skills offered in this program provides participants with the foundation skills reflected in Tier 1: Personal Effectiveness Skills, required across occupations. Resources offered through this collaboration provides each individual with information and tools for career development, personal growth, family enrichment, workforce skills development, civic engagement and lifelong learning.
This is NOT an OPEN ENROLLMENT COURSE. The course participants are attending training program through affiliate providers.
*Must wear a mask in the building
*COVID-19 Vaccination Required
- Develop understanding of critical thinking skills in education and employment
- Increase knowledge of Emotional Intelligence competencies for the workplace, community and society
- Discover how communication skills build positive relationships at work, home and in the community
- Explore personal effectiveness factors needed in industries across the workforce
- Build the "ability to learn" and increase academic knowledge that enhance lifelong learning
- Explore Careers in Philadelphia's High Priority Industries and the education and "Power skills" needed for success