Temple Harrisburg in partnership with Fundraising Master Trainer, Chad Barger, CFRE, is offering a 10-week certificate program to help you take your fundraising initiative to the next level. Learn the basics of fundraising with this immersive self-paced certificate course that utilizes two virtual instructor led sessions and 8 online modules to assess your knowledge on your journey to earning the FCP Certificate.
Required Textbook for Purchase: Nonprofit Fundraising 101: A Practical Guide to Easy to Implement Ideas and Tips from Industry Experts
This course utilizes 2 virtual sessions and 8 online modules to assess your knowledge on your journey to completing the FCP.
- Learn and articulate fundraising best practices in key focus areas, including:
- Donor Research
- Securing the Gift
- Relationship Building
- Volunteer Involvement
- Leadership and Management
- Ethics and Accountability
- Explain the importance of donor-centric communication and implement it throughout all fundraising writing and communication.
- Demonstrate the ability to execute an effective integrated, multi-channel fundraising program.
- Attend the opening and closing intensive sessions.
- Complete the required assignments and participate in the 8 weely discussion posts.
Cancellations and Refunds:
All cancellation requests must be made in writing via email to Jennifer Donahue at email@example.com and received by the Temple University Harrisburg staff before becoming effective. Please note that if a registrant does not officially withdraw from a course and does not attend the course, the registrant is still responsible for payment.
Cancellations received ten (10) business days or more prior to the start of the scheduled course will be eligible for a full refund of fees paid.
Cancellations received nine (9) business days to one (1) business day prior to the start of the scheduled course will be subject to a cancellation charge of $10.00 for one day/session courses and $50.00 for multiday courses. Cancellations received less than one (1) business day prior to the start of the scheduled course will not be eligible for a refund.
Request to Postpone Attendance
- All requests to be transferred into a future offering must be submitted in writing via email to Jennifer Donahue at firstname.lastname@example.org and received by the Temple University Harrisburg staff before becoming effective. Please note that if a registrant does not request a transfer into a future offering and does not attend as originally scheduled, the registrant is still responsible for payment.
- Transfer requests received ten (10) business days or more prior to the start of the scheduled course will be eligible for a one-time transfer at no cost. Additional transfer requests or requests less than 10 days prior to the start of the course will be subject to a $50.00 administrative fee.
CFRE Continuing Education Points:
- Temple University is a CFRE (Certified Fund Raising Executive) Approved Education Provider. Full participation in this course is applicable for 18.5 points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification. Certificates of training documenting CFRE points will be issued by TUH. Each participant will receive these points on their certificate of completion.
This is a hybrid course. Participants are expected to possess a basic level of technical competency and comfort level to be successful in the program. A computer with an Internet connection to access Zoom for the intensive sessions, and course material through Canvas, our learning management system (LMS), is required. You must also have the ability to respond to TUH staff and faculty using our learning management system, called Canvas. All students that are enrolled in our courses must understand basic computing skills sufficient to complete course work. These skills include word processing, copying and pasting, spell-checking, saving files, word count, attaching files to email, searching topics online, and using your computer’s browser. Instructors do not provide computer support or training.