Engage the artist within you! Discover unique strategies to stimulate your imagination and enable your creativity. In addition, learn processes to manifest your inner vision, all while connecting to art principles and selected global creative endeavors. This course is open to beginner artists and those who want to refresh their skills. Students will need to purchase their own supplies that can be found at local craft stores (online or curb-side pickup). Materials/supplies list will be emailed to students prior to the start of the class.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will:
- Develop confidence in making sound judgments and discover hidden creativity for the novice, or to refresh skills.
- Become knowledgeable of the art principles of ‘repetition’, ‘variation’, ‘contrast’, ‘balance’, ‘scale & proportion’, ‘rhythm’, ‘dominance’ & ‘unity’.
- Appreciate the design elements of ‘form’, ‘space’, ‘line’, ‘depth’, ‘texture’, ‘pattern’, ‘color’ &‘light’.
- Understand & evaluate the role the above plays in good composition in paintings, photography, three-dimensional designs, interior decorating, the garden, cityscapes, etc. (some of which is applicable to writing)
- Be exposed to a ‘touch of art history’ for grounding.
- Engage in hands-on opportunities using the principles & elements in creating: (a) ‘experimental collage’, (b) ‘imaginary art piece incorporating watercolors’, (c) ‘still-life drawing using pencil for shading to experience the play of light & how to achieve the illusion of depth’, and (d) ‘still-life painting that either documents the set-up and/or incorporates whimsy’.
- Apply drawing and watercolor techniques.
- Develop fuller consciousness of their relationship to the spaces in which they conduct their lives.
- Encounter stimulation of their imagination.
- Experience a safe ‘atmosphere’ in which to experiment.
- Ripen the artist ‘within’.