Participants in our non-credit certificate programs complete final portfolios that showcase their new skills and apply them to whatever projects they're working on. This workshop session is designed to help you make sure you're meeting the final portfolio criteria. You'll participate in peer review processes, get feedback and fresh perspectives, and come away with everything you need to submit your final portfolio.
By the end of this program, students will:
- Use a range of brainstorming and storyboarding techniques to showcase their work;
- Participate in peer review activities and both give and receive constructive criticism on their portfolio drafts;
- Create a portfolio format that will assist them in further professional development.
Vanessa Williams is the Assistant Director of Continuing Education for Temple University’s Off-Campus Programs and Training. She completed her PhD at the University of Pennsylvania in August 2017. Previously the department’s Instructional Designer/Trainer, she has extensive experience designing and delivering training programs for adult learners on a range of topics, including emotional intelligence, customer service, and business writing. She has also designed and taught classes for undergraduates at Penn, Temple, and the University of Southampton (UK). She is a Gallup-certified Strengths-Based Coach, and leads strengths-based coaching sessions for teams and individuals. She teaches emotional intelligence, introduction to strengths-based coaching, and portfolio review for Temple’s Office of Non-Credit Programs and Training.
NotesThis course may also be taken by students not registered for a custom certificate program.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Digital Design Certificate : Strengths-Based & Final Portfolio
- Certificate in Editing and Business Writing : Strengths-Based Coaching & Final Portfolio
- Certificate in Leadership and Management : Strengths-Based Coaching & Final Portfolio
- Certificate in Project Management : Strengths-Based Coaching and Final Portfolio