We all have talents – naturally recurring patterns of thought, feeling, or behavior, which we can apply productively. How do we turn those talents into strengths, and use them to achieve near-perfect performance wherever we can? For this session, you’ll take Gallup’s CliftonStrengths assessment to identify your top strengths, before working through activities and discussion questions that will showcase how you use these themes in your work and help you set goals to use your strengths as intentionally as possible. This session is led by a Gallup-certified coach.
By the end of this program, students will be able to:
- Describe their personal strengths using the Gallup CliftonStrengths framework and assessment;
- Analyze how individual strengths can be used intentionally to achieve goals and meet challenges;
- Describe the benefits of a strengths-based approach to teamwork and communication;
- Create goals and action steps for continuing a strengths-based approach.
Vanessa Williams is the Assistant Director of Continuing Education for Temple University’s Off-Campus Programs and Training. She completed her PhD at the University of Pennsylvania in August 2017. Previously the department’s Instructional Designer/Trainer, she has extensive experience designing and delivering training programs for adult learners on a range of topics, including emotional intelligence, customer service, and business writing. She has also designed and taught classes for undergraduates at Penn, Temple, and the University of Southampton (UK). She is a Gallup-certified Strengths-Based Coach, and leads strengths-based coaching sessions for teams and individuals. She teaches emotional intelligence, introduction to strengths-based coaching, and portfolio review for Temple’s Office of Non-Credit Programs and Training.
NotesThis course may also be taken by students not registered for a custom certificate program.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Digital Design Certificate : Strengths-Based & Final Portfolio
- Certificate in Editing and Business Writing : Strengths-Based Coaching & Final Portfolio
- Certificate in Leadership and Management : Strengths-Based Coaching & Final Portfolio
- Certificate in Project Management : Strengths-Based Coaching and Final Portfolio