ONCE0981 - Adobe InDesign Essentials (Online)
Course DescriptionAdobe InDesign is the industry standard page-layout program that works with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop seamlessly. InDesign allows you to create simple to complex multi-page documents such as brochures, flyers, books and magazines. This course is a comprehensive exploration of InDesign tools and capabilities to create professional documents. You will learn how to manage the InDesign environment, create, setup, design, enhance and finalize multi-page documents. Access to Adobe InDesign software required.
Unit 1: Getting to Know the Interface and Setting up a Document
- Interface menus
- Starting and setting up a multi-page document in InDesign
Unit 2: Working with Objects and Color
- Learning to work with color panels
- Creating, managing and applying color to elements
- Inserting and managing images and illustrations into an InDesign document
Unit 3: Working with Text
- Learning about insert and flow text to multiple pages
- Managing long text documents
- Text editing in InDesign documents
Unit 4: Typography
- Advance typography tools and menus
- Character and paragraph settings and styles
- Creating print-ready PDF files
Upon successful completion of this workshop students should be able to:
- Layout a multi-page print document in Adobe InDesign and create a print-ready PDF file.
- Work with font, character, paragraph and typography basics in InDesign
- Insert and edit text, objects and picture frames
- Draw shapes
- Work with color panels to create and apply colors and gradients
- To learn about Adobe InDesign CC interface and work with menus, tools and panels.
- To setup and modify multi-page documents
- To work with page settings and layout options and apply automatic pagination
- To insert images and illustrations in a multi-page document
- To work with color panels to create, manage, edit and apply color
- To work with type tools to create and apply character and paragraph styles
- To create print-ready PDF files
Instructor: Andy Helmi, is a graphic and website designer, technical consultant and an online marketing specialist located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. His education background includes over ten years of academic training in electronic/computer engineering, graphic and web design, music and digital photography.
This course is part of the online Graphic Design Software Essentials Certificate Program.
Graphic Design Software Essentials | Temple University
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Graphic Design Software Essentials : Graphic Design Software Essentials