ONCE0980 - Adobe Illustrator Essentials (Online)
Course DescriptionAdobe Illustrator is the industry standard computer illustration software. Use Illustrator to draw shapes and design logos, flyers, posters, banners, business cards or any other vector graphics for print or web. In this course, you will learn Adobe Illustrator fundamentals to set up a print document and use various tools to draw, type and color all kinds of shapes and illustrations. Learn how to efficiently manage layers and artboards, and create print-ready PDF documents. Access to Adobe Illustrator software required.
Unit 1: Getting to Know the Interface and Drawing Tools
- Interface menus, tools and panels.
- Working with various drawing and transformation tools
- Drawing anything from simple to complex shapes and illustrations.
Unit 2: Working with Color and Text
- Working with color panels in the software
- Creating, managing and applying color and color groups
- Learning how to type and format text using various text formatting and styling tools and panels.
Unit 3: Working with Layers and Pen tool
- Layers and layer management.
- Working with the Pen tool.
- Modifying a drawing using Pen tool options.
Unit 4: Working with Artboards
- Creating and managing multiple Artboards
- Learning how to layout and design corporate package
- Business cards, letterhead and envelopes
- Creating print-ready PDF files
Upon successful completion of this workshop students should be able to:
- Work comfortably with the software most common tools and panels
- Create and edit all sorts of print documents
- Insert images, draw shapes, paint, type and apply color
- Design and save print ready digital files
- To learn about Adobe Illustrator CC interface and work with menus, tools and panels.
- To draw and edit simple and complex shapes using shape and transform tools
- To work with color panels to create, manage and edit color and color groups
- To work with type and text formatting tools
- To work with documents, layers and artboards
About Online Learning
Online learning is a fun, enjoyable and very productive way to learn. Millions of people are learning online each year. You will engage with the instructor and other participants. You will get to know your instructor and other participants. You may make friends. It's easy. It's fun.
Instructor: Andy Helmi, is a graphic and website designer, technical consultant and an online marketing specialist located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. His education background includes over ten years of academic training in electronic/computer engineering, graphic and web design, music and digital photography.
This course is part of the Graphic Design Software Essentials Certificate Program.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Graphic Design Software Essentials : Graphic Design Software Essentials