Welcome to the Teen Outreach Program (TOP) and your next steps to becoming a certified TOP club facilitator. TOP is an evidence-based, positive youth development program developed by Wyman to promote social and emotional learning, educational success and healthy behaviors for adolescents. Funded by the Pennsylvania Department of Health, Temple University of Harrisburg oversees the replication of Pennsylvania's TOP.
The Trainings of Facilitators (TOF) are being held for staff working within sites funded by the PA Department of Health TOP grant. Participants will 1) engage in a two and a half day intensive training on how to implement and operate a TOP club per Wyman's curriculum and service learning model and 2) be welcomed and oriented to the grant by the Pennsylvania Department of Health. TOP facilitators who complete this mandatory training will receive a Certificate of Completion and only then be eligible to facilitate a Wyman TOP club. Funded sites are encouraged to send more than one facilitator for training based on the 25:1 youth to facilitator ratio allowable in the program. The TOF is for PADOH TOP grant-funded sites only. It is not open to the general public.
- Individual online registration is required for each person
- This training is for TOP facilitators only
- During this year, a total of 3 TOF's are being offered, for which you must attend one complete 3-day training to become certified to facilitate a TOP club
- Training days are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday
- Training will run from 8:30 am - 5:00 pm with sign-in beginning at 8:00 am each day
- Breakfast/coffee and lunch will be provided each day
- Participants must attend all 3 days of training to receive a Training of Facilitators certificate
- Certificates will not be given for late arrivals or early departures
Training Locations and Dates
Please click on course numbers in the boxes to the right to select the location and date for these training events. Use + and - controls to open/close each selection.
TOF #1 - HBGTOP0002-001 - Philadelphia, PA: July 30-August 1, 2019
TOF #2 - HBGTOP0002-002 - Cranberry Township, PA: August 6-8, 2019
TOF #3 - HBGTOP0002-003 - Temple University Harrisburg: September 10-12, 2019
By the end of this program, participants will be able to:
1. Implement Wyman's TOP club core components: weekly meetings, the Wyman TOP curriculum, and service learning projects through high-quality facilitation (HQF) techniques
2. Use TOP's positive youth development approaches for creating a safe space, maintaining healthy boundaries with teens and promoting social-emotional development and learning
3. Demonstrate proficiency of the four HQF skills and "teach back" a model lesson to training participants
Please let us know:
- Do you have any dietary practices or needs?
- Do you have any food allergies that we should be mindful of?
If we can assist with this or you have other concerns, please contact Adina Papinchak via email at firstname.lastname@example.org