Individuals who are interested in becoming Personal Care Home Administrators in Pennsylvania can take the required 100 Hour program. According to statute PA 55 Section 2600.64 (a)(2) regarding administrator training and orientation: Prior to initial employment as an administrator a candidate shall successfully complete a 100 hour standardized (DHS) Department approved administrator training course.
Application Required: Please note, you must apply for the program prior to completing the registration. Please click on "Apply Now" to complete the online application. Upon approval, we will direct you back to this page to register and pay for the course.
Fall 2021 Cohort: PCHA0027-009
Location: Classes will be presented virtually through the Zoom platform
Date: Every Tuesday from August 2, 2021 through November 23, 2021
Time: Class begins at 9:00 AM - Class end time varies
Program Fee: $1,575.00 paid at the time of registration (this includes all training materials and the final exam cost). Space will be limited, and registration will close once the class has reached capacity. Space cannot be held prior to receipt of the full program fee.
Did you know?: 96.4%* of participants who complete Temple Harrisburg’s Personal Care Home Administrator 100 Hour Course PASS the state exam!
*Based on the pass/fail rate of state exams taken by Temple Harrisburg 100 Hour Course participants from 2014-2019.
Personal Care Home Administrator 100 Hour Course Modules:
Nutrition, Food Handling, and Sanitation
Resident Rights and Resident Home Contracts
Budgeting, Financial Record-keeping, Resident Records
CPR and First Aid - with certification
Fire Prevention & Emergency Preparedness
Care of Residents with Mental Illness
Staff Supervision and Staff Person Training
Community Resources, Social Services, and Activities in the Community
Care for Residents with Developmental Disabilities
Writing, Completing and Implementing Initial Assessments and Support Plans
Personal Care/Personal Hygiene
Medication Procedures, Medication Effects, and Side Effects and Standard Precautions
Abuse and Neglect Prevention
Orientation Schedule (Mandatory and Offered by Department of Human Services):
This orientation is offered through DHS. It is a free, mandatory, 6-hour program that must be completed before, during, or after the 100 Hour Training and exam in order to become a Personal Care Home Administrator. Registration is required and fills up quickly. View the full orientation schedule by clicking on the link for the DHS website and scrolling down to "Training Information." The title of this document (listed under "Training Information") is "Administrator Orientation Program Schedule - 2020."
- All cancellation requests must be made in writing via email to Jennifer Donahue at firstname.lastname@example.org, and received by the Temple University Harrisburg staff before becoming effective. Please note that if registrant does not officially withdraw from a course and does not attend the course, the registrant is still responsible for payment.
- In the event of inclement weather or other events beyond the control of TUH, TUH will make every effort to cancel or reschedule continuing education courses with as much notice as possible. Notification will be sent via email through DestinyOne once a decision to cancel or reschedule has been made. In all instances, TUH will follow the University’s and/or the agency’s cancellation and rescheduling decisions. If TUH cancels a continuing education course due to any of the above reasons, a full refund of fees paid will be issued.
- TUH reserves the right to cancel continuing education courses due to low enrollment. A full refund of fees paid will be issued under this circumstance.
- TUH makes best efforts to process eligible refund requests within two (2) weeks. Refunds will be issued to the original form of payment.
- Cancellations received ten (10) business days or more prior to the first day of the scheduled course will be eligible for a full refund of fees paid. Cancellations received nine (9) business days to one (1) business day prior to the first day of the scheduled course will be subject to a cancellation charge of $50.00. Cancellations received less than one (1) business day prior to the first day of the scheduled course will not be eligible for a refund
Qualifications necessary to attend this program