The Women’s Leadership Series is designed to develop and foster the skills necessary for successful business leadership with the goal of empowering those who participate to advance in their careers and move up the corporate ladder. Ample time will be given to practice critical skills, learn from one another, collaborate, and network. Networking lunches will be provided after each session from 12:00PM - 1:00PM.
The series is conveniently located at Temple University Center City.
More information can be found at The Women's Leadership Series website.
The series includes the following topics and learning outcomes:
Understanding & Leveraging Your Leadership Style (Thursday, September 13 2018 9:00AM - 12:00PM)
- Understand the business case for leadership & how your style adds value
- Leverage your leadership style to influence your staff and other key stakeholders
Career Management (Friday, October 12 2018 9:00AM - 12:00PM)
- Develop a career strategy that supports your professional development goals
- Determine opportunities to develop your own “board of directors” for mentorship & professional growth
Executive Presence & Communication Skills (Thursday, November 8 2018 9:00AM - 12:00PM)
- Recognize critical communication strategies that support a strong executive presence
- Organize and deliver engaging presentations to groups of any size
Finance for the Non-Financial Manager (Thursday, December 13 2018 9:00AM - 12:00PM)
- Analyze financial and accounting information
- Apply basic financial and accounting concepts to managerial decision-making
The Art of Negotiation (Thursday, January 24 2019 9:00AM - 12:00PM)
- Use negotiation strategies to reach agreements that satisfy both parties
- Explore the relationship dynamics that create power in a negotiation
Leading Organizational Change (Thursday, February 21 2019 9:00AM - 12:00PM)
- Incorporate planning for change into your business and career strategy
- Evaluate opportunities for creating competitive advantage by changing organizational culture