This course is for individuals who received their Credential for Strengths-based Family Workers (SFW) but missed the deadline to recredential.
A hallmark of a strong credentialing program is recredentialing. Recredentialing allows workers to demonstrate that they are still competent in strengths-based skills, stay up-to-date on new developments in the field, and remain connected to the network.
SFW requires recredentialing every three years, therefore individuals who received their credential for example in 2015 were due to complete the recredential course by December 31, 2018. This reinstatement and recredential course will allow individuals who missed the deadline an opportunity to obtain their recredential. This course consists of three online modules and a final quiz.
This is a self-paced online course completed through the Canvas platform. The three video modules are:
- Reflecting Empathy
- Powerful Questions
- Introduction to Cultural Humility
Following the completion of the three video modules, you will have access to the final Recredential Quiz. The quiz is a short answer exam allowing you the opportunity to demonstrate your competence.
Section 1 Reflecting Empathy
- Describe the use of reflection
- Define empathy
- Identify examples of empathic reflection
Section 2 Powerful Questions
- Recognize powerful questions
- Describe three considerations when constructing a powerful question
- Explain the benefit of using powerful questions
Section 3 Introduction to Cultural Humility
- Define cultural humility
- Identify examples of cultural humility
- Identify communication skills useful for conversations about culture
- Use reflection as a strengths-based communication strategy when presented with sample dialogue
- Respond by communicating empathy when presented with sample dialogue
- Identify powerful questions to generate insight and creativity when presented with a sample scenario
- When presented with a scenario illustrating a cultural conflict propose an approach demonstrating cultural humility
The fees associated with this course are as follows: (Total cost to obtain reinstatement and credentials is $160.00)
- Reinstatement Fee of $60.00
- Recredential Course Fee of $100.00