This course is for individuals who received their Credential for Strengths-based Family Workers (SFW) and need to obtain their recredential.
Recredentialing allows workers to demonstrate that they are still competent in strengths-based skills, stay up-to-date on new developments in the field, and remain connected to the network. SFW requires a recredential every three years.
Individuals who received their credential or recredentialed in 2016 are due to complete this course by December 31, 2019. Please register for the SFW0045-003 course.
This recredential course consists of three online modules and a final quiz.
This is a self-paced online course completed through the Canvas Platform. The three video modules are:
- Reflecting Empathy
- Powerful Questions
- Introduction to Cultural Humility
Following completion of the three video modules, you will have access to the final recredential quiz. The quiz is a short answer exam allowing you the opportunity to demonstrate your competence.
Section 1: Reflecting Empathy
- Describe the use of reflection
- Define empathy
- Identify examples of empathic reflection
Section 2: Powerful Questions
- Recognize powerful questions
- Describe three considerations when constructing a powerful question
- Explain the benefit of using powerful questions
Section 3: Introduction to Cultural Humility
- Define cultural humility
- Identify examples of cultural humility
- Identify communication skills useful for conversations about culture
- Use reflection as a strengths-based communication strategy when presented with sample dialogue
- Respond by communicating empathy when presented with sample dialogue
- Identify powerful questions to generate insight and creativity when presented with a sample scenario
- When presented with a scenario illustrating a cultural conflict propose an approach demonstrating cultural humility