This course will present brief lectures, and incorporate various group discussions and activities to help students achieve the learning objectives listed in the course outline.
At the completion of this course, students will be able to describe how they would use mixed methods of evaluation in their own clinical practice.
- apply qualitative research methods to the evaluation of clinical social work practice;
- apply quantitative research methods to the evaluation of clinical social work practice;
- describe an array of clinical assessment tools, their relative reliability and validity, and their suitability for use in evaluating clinical interventions with diverse populations;
- describe how to systematically measure changes in outcomes following the use of clinical interventions;
- describe how to use goal attainment scaling and single subject design to evaluate clinical interventions;