ONCE0389 - Boosting Your Website Traffic (online)
Acquire the basic skills to boost your web site traffic, including how to analyze your visitor traffic, how to use search engine optimization to get greater visibility and exposure in Google searches, and how to redesign your web site copy to increase your visitors and results. No experience necessary, but if you are at an advanced level, your instructor is an SEO expert and can answer your toughest questions as well. No discounts apply to this course.
- Why web site analysis works
- Why web site managers analyze their visitor traffic
- Creating goals and objectives for your web site
- Understanding the web site visitor experience
- How data analysis can improve web site outcomes
- How Google Analytics functions
- Setting up Google Analytics accounts
- Analyzing traffic sources and visitor traffic
- Redesigning pages to improve retention
- Testing web site versions with Google Optimizer
- Search Engine Optimization
- Understanding how page ranking and positions are determined
- Redesigning the title bar, alt tags, heading area, and links your URL
- Keyword density and rewriting web page copy
- Strategies to improve your page rank
- Moving to Web 2.0
- Generation Y and the Web 2.0 Attitude
- Developing user-created content
- Creating interactive web sites
- The future of web sites
At the end of the course, you will:
- Have an overall understanding of how Google Analytics works and how to analyze your web site visitor traffic;
- Possess guidelines on how to track web page views, unique and returning visitors, exit pages and other web site visitor trends;
- Know how to improve your web site strategies based on your current traffic and statistics;
- To provide participants with an overview and understanding of how web site analysis works and how Google Analytics enables web site managers to analyze their web site traffic;
- To provide participants with the practical, how-to knowledge of how to analyze their web site visitor traffic, including analyzing traffic sources, top landing pages, top exit pages, number of visits, and bounce rates;
- To provide participants with the knowledge of how to enhance web site copy, navigation and design to improve your successful web site conversions and meet your web site strategy effectively;
- To provide participants with the knowledge of how to test different web site versions to attract and retain web site visitors and customers better;
- To provide participants with an understanding of what Web 2.0 means, and how interactive and engaging content and features is transitioning the web from a one way experience to more of a two-way relationship, meeting web site visitor needs better.
Instructors: Dan Belhassen and Susan Hurrell
Dan Belhassen is an expert in eMarketing. He does writing, training, and consulting all over North America on the topic. He is founder of Modern Earth, located in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. Modern Earth does a range of eMarketing for its clients, including email promotions, web site development, search engine optimization, and online advertising.
Susan Hurrell is an Online Marketing specialist with Modern Earth, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. She helps clients know how to connect web viewers to the products, services or information they are searching for. PPC or Facebook ads, search engine optimization and dynamic sell-copy creation are her specialties to help websites deliver measurable results in viewer conversion, and increase traffic driven by online marketing initiatives.
This course is part of the Digital Marketing Certificate Program offered in partnership with LERN/UGotClass.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Digital Marketing Certificate : Digital Marketing Certificate
- e-Marketing Essentials Certificate (online) : eMarketing Essentials Certificate