Prepare for an in-depth exploration into clinical reasoning behind the STAR Process. Participants will explore the essential elements of the STAR Process to prepare for intensive mentoring during hands-on treatment in the STAR Level 2 Mentorship Program.
This course will build upon knowledge from the STAR Level 1 Mentorship Program, but will dive deeper, encouraging advanced clinical reasoning skills and exploration of higher-level therapeutic concepts and the art of therapy.
Participants will be mentored through the process using video review, journaling, group discussion, and guided reflections. Topics will include: 1) clinical reasoning, 2) synthesis of the STAR approach, 3) regulation, 4) Social-emotional levels of the Developmental, Individual Difference, Relationship-based Model of Intervention (DIR), 5) Interpersonal Neurobiology of Play, and 6) A SECRET.
- Recognize and discuss the progression of clinical reasoning, giving examples of their own process in group discussions and written reflections
- Demonstrate understanding of the foundational elements of the STAR process through written reflections and group discussion of the approach, in preparation for hands-on mentoring in the STAR Level 2 Mentorship Program.
- Demonstrate, through video presentations and group discussion, understanding of the importance of arousal regulation as an essential component of treatment (for clients and for themselves).
- Identify successful play- and sensory-based treatment approaches, through video presentation, using DIR and sensory techniques.
- Examine the why behind relationship-based therapy and play, through the lens of Interpersonal Neurobiology (IPNB).
- Explore A SECRET at a deeper level, using a strengths-based approach to support families in the problem-solving process.
-SPD ProCert 1 verified and/or have taken Level II Hands-On Course at STAR prior to 2020 (this exception expires December 31, 2022)
-The Temple 2 passing the Temple 2 course is required to be able to take the Hands-On Advanced Mentorship II course and receive the SPD ProCert 2 (treatment specialist)
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Sensory Processing Level 1 Proficiency : Sensory Processing Level 1 Certificate