Course Description: This full-day course will utilize a combination of lecture and group discussion to assist participants in developing successful test-taking strategies and will review material in each of the content areas on the examination. Content areas include: Human Development, Diversity, and Behavior in the Environment; Assessment/Diagnosis/Intervention/Treatment Planning; Psychotherapy/Clinical Intervention/Case Management, and Professional Values/Ethics. An opportunity to answer practice questions to demonstrate test-taking strategies and knowledge acquired will be a part of the course.
Target Audience: Beginning and Intermediate Levels
- 9-10:30 Structure of test and type of test questions, Steps to take the exam, Division of Knowledge and Subject Areas, Human Development/Diversity/Behavior in the Environment
- 10:30-10:40 Break
- 10:40-12:00 Human Development continued, Assessment/Intervention/Diagnosis/Treatment Planning
- 12:00-12:30 Lunch
- 12:30-1:50 Assessment/Intervention/Diagnosis/Treatment Planning continued, Psychotherapy/Clinical Intervention/Case Management
- 1:50-2:00 Break
- 2:00-4:15 Case Management continued, Professional Values/Ethics, Additional Strategies, Final Questions, Course Evaluations
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to do the following....
- Review material in the four content areas that are comprise the ASWB Clinical Licensure exam
- Give participants and opportunity to learn test-taking strategies with sample questions.
- Assist participants in developing a self-directed study plan
- Pre-Approved Provider: Temple University School of Social Work Continuing Education Program is a pre-approved provider of continuing education courses and programs for social workers and clinical social workers in Pennsylvania.
- Continuing Education Certificates: At the conclusion of the course, paper certificates denoting continuing education clock hours will be provided to students who successfully complete the course. To successfully complete the course, students must attend the entire course (from start to finish), actively participate in the course, and submit a course evaluation form. Note: Certificates are printed 72 hours in advance of the scheduled course. The Continuing Education Office will mail paper certificates within 14 calendar days of the course to any students who register after the certificates are printed. Tuition for the course covers the cost of the paper certificate.
- Accommodations: To request special accommodations, please send an email to the Continuing Education program office (firstname.lastname@example.org) that includes a contact person, phone number, and specific accommodation requested. Please provide at least 14 calendar day's notice before the scheduled course.
- Cancellations/Refunds: Please notify the Continuing Education program office (email@example.com) as soon as possible if you need to cancel your registration. Registrants who provide more than 7 days' notice of cancellation receive 100% tuition refund. Registrants who provide more than 24 hours' but less than 7 days' notice of cancellation receive 50% tuition refund. Registrants who provide less than 24 hours' notice of cancellation receive 0% tuition refund.
- Questions/Grievances: For any questions or grievances, please send an email to the Continuing Education program office (firstname.lastname@example.org) that includes a contact person, phone number, and questions or description of grievances.