Course Description: This full-day course will utilize a combination of lecture and group discussion to assist participants in developing successful test-taking strategies and will review material in each of the content areas on the examination. Content areas include: Human Development, Diversity, and Behavior in the Environment; Assessment/Diagnosis/Intervention/Treatment Planning; Psychotherapy/Clinical Intervention/Case Management, and Professional Values/Ethics. An opportunity to answer practice questions to demonstrate test-taking strategies and knowledge acquired will be a part of the course.
Target Audience: Beginning and Intermediate Levels
- 9-10:30 Structure of test and type of test questions, Steps to take the exam, Division of Knowledge and Subject Areas, Human Development/Diversity/Behavior in the Environment
- 10:30-10:40 Break
- 10:40-12:00 Human Development continued, Assessment/Intervention/Diagnosis/Treatment Planning
- 12:00-12:30 Lunch
- 12:30-1:50 Assessment/Intervention/Diagnosis/Treatment Planning continued, Psychotherapy/Clinical Intervention/Case Management
- 1:50-2:00 Break
- 2:00-4:15 Case Management continued, Professional Values/Ethics, Additional Strategies, Final Questions, Course Evaluations
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to do the following....
- Review material in the four content areas that are comprise the ASWB Clinical Licensure exam
- Give participants and opportunity to learn test-taking strategies with sample questions.
- Assist participants in developing a self-directed study plan