Course Description: Mindfulness is an evidence-based modality demonstrated to be effective for individuals struggling with symptoms of depression, anxiety, chronic pain, and more. This course in an intermediate workshop focused on practicing and teaching mindfulness-based interventions for both personal and professional use. It is a workshop-style course with an emphasis on experiential learning as well as an opportunity to lead others through mindfulness-based practices.
Target Audience: Intermediate and Advanced Levels
Continuing Education Clock Hours: 3 Hours
1:00-1:15pm Welcome and Introductions
1:15-1:45pm Research on Mindfulness
1:45-2:30pm Group Practice
2:45-3:15pm Lead your Own Mindfulness Practice
3:15-3:45pm Make a Plan
3:45-4:00pm Group Practice
4:00-4:10pm Questions and Resources
4:10-4:15pm Evaluations and Certificates
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to do the following:
- Describe the research behind mindfulness-based interventions.
When participants return to the workplace, they will be able to do the following:
- Guide clients through at least two different mindfulness-based interventions
- Link clients with appropriate mindfulness-based resources.
- Pre-Approved Provider: Temple University School of Social Work Continuing Education Program is a pre-approved provider of continuing education courses and programs for social workers and clinical social workers in Pennsylvania.
- Continuing Education Certificates: At the conclusion of the course, paper certificates denoting continuing education clock hours will be provided to students who successfully complete the course. To successfully complete the course, students must attend the entire course (from start to finish), actively participate in the course, and submit a course evaluation form. Note: Certificates are printed 72 hours in advance of the scheduled course. The Continuing Education Office will mail paper certificates within 14 calendar days of the course to any students who register after the certificates are printed. Tuition for the course covers the cost of the paper certificate.
- Accommodations: To request special accommodations, please send an email to the Continuing Education program office (firstname.lastname@example.org) that includes a contact person, phone number, and specific accommodation requested. Please provide at least 14 calendar day's notice before the scheduled course.
- Cancellations/Refunds: Please notify the Continuing Education program office (email@example.com) as soon as possible if you need to cancel your registration. Registrants who provide more than 7 days' notice of cancellation receive 100% tuition refund. Registrants who provide more than 24 hours' but less than 7 days' notice of cancellation receive 50% tuition refund. Registrants who provide less than 24 hours' notice of cancellation receive 0% tuition refund.
- Questions/Grievances: For any questions or grievances, please send an email to the Continuing Education program office (firstname.lastname@example.org) that includes a contact person, phone number, and questions or description of grievances.