The Academy Experience at Temple
Accredited by the Municipal Police Officers’ Training and Education Commission (MPOETC) of Pennsylvania, Temple University’s Police Academy maintains high academic and physical fitness standards and has a mandatory attendance policy. Temple’s academy is a full-time, twenty-two week experience, which meets Monday through Friday from approximately 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Enrollment is generally limited to thirty students in each class. This year, as in years past, we are seeking the best and brightest candidates.
Ready to Apply?
If you are committed to pursuing a career in law enforcement and feel that your motivation, judgment, integrity, physical and intellectual abilities will place you among our best applicants this year, we look forward to receiving your application! Applications are reviewed as they are received.
Spring 2019 Academy Dates: May 13, 2019 - November 19th, 2019.
- Application Deadline: April 12, 2019.
Below are some basic eligibility requirements to be considered for admission:
- Submit acceptable criminal history and driving records
- Provide high school transcripts
- Complete a medical and a psychological examination
- Submit one reference
- Pass a standardized reading test (applicants must be able to read at a 9th grade level or higher)
- Pass the physical fitness entrance test
- Including the application fee and course materials fee, the total cost of the academy is $5,575.00.
- Flexible payment options-applicants can pay by credit card, debit card, personal check or money order.
- Traditional student financial aid is not eligible for this program; however, applicants may use private student loans, or, if eligible, VA/GI Bill educational benefits.
- The academy does not offer a payment plan at this time.
How to Contact Us
Thank you for your interest in the Temple University Municipal Police Officer Academy. Below is some important information for you to consider ahead of your decision to apply. If at any time during the on-line application process you have a question, please contact our academy staff for immediate and helpful assistance:
Ms. Chris Willard, Assistant Director-Criminal Justice Training Programs