If you wish to transfer from Temple University to another university in the United States, you must submit:

  1. This application
  2. A copy of your admission letter to the new school. It must be clearly indicated on the admission letter when the next session or semester at the new school begins. You must begin your studies at the new school in the next available semester of the new school or within five months of completing a session/semester at Temple University or completing OPT, whichever is sooner.

In order to transfer your SEVIS record from one school to another, you must be maintaining Nonimmigrant Student (F-1) status by pursuing a full course of study.

If you submit the request after the course registration “drop/add” period is over, and you are not registered for classes, you are not pursuing a full course of study and are not eligible to transfer your SEVIS record in an "active" status.

If you recently entered the U.S. to begin studies and Temple University or the IELP program and you have an “Initial attendance” I-20, you must:

  1. Report to this school before the program start date listed on your form I-20. Reporting does not have to be in person you may submit this application as your method of "reporting
  2. Upload written verification of your acceptance to another school.
  3. Provide a copy of your I-94 card. Go to https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/ to obtain your I-94 card.
  4. Be able to enroll in the new school within 30 days of your initial entry  to the United States.
  5. If you submit this application after the "drop/add"  period,  your SEVIS record will be transferred in a "terminated" status.