This application is only for updates to your I-20.

The form should only be used to request the following:

Travel Signature

Use this application to request an I-20 with a new travel signature.  A travel signature is valid for one year for students who are enrolled in a program. The signature is valid for six months is you've graduated and are engaged in OPT or AT

Cap Gap Extension

If you are on Optional Practical Training and your employer filed a petition to change your status to H-1 with a start date of October 1 of the current year.

OPT employment reported through the OPT Portal

If you are on Optional Practical Training and you have updated your employment information using the SEVP Portal and you are writing to request an I-20 with the employer's name on it.

Do not use this application to apply for OPT or STEM OPT.   They are  each a separate application. The application is available at

Change of Major

If you have officially changed your major (reflected in TUportal), then you must request for an updated I-20. Do not request the new I-20 before the semester where your change of major will take place

Change of Funding

If the source(s) of your financial support has changed (i.e. change in departmental funding, change in scholarship/grants, change in personal or family funds), then you must request an updated I-20. Please obtain a new proof of funding, complete the I-20 Request form, and submit both documents to (no appointment required). Your updated I-20 stating your new source of funding will be ready for pick up 5 business days after the date of submission.

Add Dependents

Be prepared to show funding for your own expenses plus an additional $4,000.00 for your spouse and $2,500.00 for each child you want to add as a dependent. Tuition and fees for  your program can be found at

You will receive an electronically signed I-20 when the application is reviewed. Electronic versions of I-20s  are accepted  for visa  application and travel purposes. The document should have your original signature on it.