This application to be submitted when you need a re-entry signature on  your  I-20 or  DS-2019

If  you are currently enrolled in your program of study, a travel signature is valid for one year.

If you are on post completion or STEM Optional Practical Training, or Academic Training, a signature is valid for six months.

If you are in the Research Scholar , Matriculated Student, or Student Intern category of J status,  a signature is valid for one year

If you are a Short Term Scholar, a signature is valid for six months

The I-20 or DS-2019 will be emailed to your TU email address. You do not need to have the I-20 to depart the U.S., you need to have it when you re-enter the US. If you will need to apply for a new visa, you will need the printed document, signed by you, at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate

If you are a student please review the information at Travel and Reentry to the U.S. | Temple University International Student and Scholar Services for additional travel information

If you are hold J-1 Exchange Visitor status in the Research Scholar, Short term scholar, or Student Intern category, review the information at