Play Therapy Applications for Special Populations
This course provides theoretical and applied skills for the treatment of special populations, including children who have been neglected, physically or sexually abused or otherwise traumatized, as well as children who are trying to cope with parental loss as a result of divorce, death or abandonment. Play Therapy with children who have special physical or developmental needs will also be explored, including children with medical problems, chronic or terminal illness, and/or challenging psychopathology such as autism. The content will contain materials to develop practice skills at the level required for eventual registration as a play therapist.
Post Graduate Certificate in Play Therapy Program Details
- Application submission and acceptance required prior to registering for any course
- 5 Courses offered in complete certificate program
- Each course will be offered in two locations:
- HBGPLTH0003 - 003 Temple University Harrisburg will host live classroom course for each class session
- HBGPLTH0003 - 004 Temple University Ambler will host a video conference course which will be streaming from the live classroom in Harrisburg - this is a Distance Learning course.
Please make sure that your e-mail address, daytime phone, and evening phone are correct in your noncredit.temple.edu profile.
Temple University Harrisburg is an Association for Play Therapy (APT) (Approved Provider #07-206). Temple University Harrisburg is also a pre-approved provider of continuing education by the PA State Board of Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists, and Professional Counselors. Certificates of attendance documenting continuing education hours will be issued by Temple University Harrisburg.
Each course within the Post Graduate Certificate in Play Therapy program has been approved for 63 play therapy continuing education hours. Temple University Harrisburg is an APT Approved Provider #07-206. These credit hours satisfy the requirements for RPT/RPTS credential and/or credential renewal.
Each course within the Post Graduate Certificate in Play Therapy program has been approved for 35 continuing education hours (CE's) through Temple University Harrisburg, a Pennsylvania State Board of Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Professional Counselors pre-approved provider of continuing education. These credit hours satisfy the requirements for LSW/LCSW/LMFT/LPC biennial license renewal.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
Play Therapy Post Graduate Certificate
Complete List of Courses in Certificate
- HBGPLTH0001 - Introduction to Play Therapy
- HBGPLTH0002 - Play Therapy Techniques
- HGBPLTH0003 - Play Therapy Applications for Special Populations
- HBGPLTH0004 - Advanced Play Therapy Practice
- HBGPLTH0005 - Advanced Play Therapy Seminar
This course is available to students who have been accepted into the certificate program.
Minimum requirement: Bachelor’s Degree, and related career experience
Application submission required for acceptance into the Certificate Program.
Requirements for application submission
- Personal information completed in profile questions
- List of Universities attended
- List of degrees earned
- Copy of Transcript
- Personal Statement