How to Log in to Canvas
In order to access canvas, you will have to have an AccessNet account. If you have any questions about your account, please click here to be redirected to the account FAQ.
- Navigate to canvas.temple.edu by clicking here.
- Log in using your AccessNet username and password.
- Your AccessNet username should look similar to Tux12345. To better understand the difference between an AccessNet and destiny one account, click here.
- Alternatively, you can access canvas by logging in to tuportal.temple.edu with your AccessNet username and password. You can access the site by clicking here.
- Once you log into TUPortal, scroll down to the list of TU Applications on the left and search for CANVAS, which should be at the very top of the list. Clicking on the canvas link will take you there.
How To Navigate Canvas
The account section is accessed by clicking the icon on the left of your screen that looks like the silhouette of a person.
- Logout: This button signs you out of your account.
- Profile: The profile section allows you to edit your biography, profile picture, and contact methods. It also allows you to include links to any external websites you may have.
The dashboard section can be reached by clicking the icon just below account.
- From the canvas Dashboard you are able to see all of the classes and communities you are currently a part of.
- You can click on any of these individual classes to pull up the page for that course. If you want to know more about the tabs on that page, scroll down to Class Page.
The courses section, which looks like a book, is a list similar to the dashboard.
- The main difference is that it only shows your current courses, whereas the dashboard also shows which communities you are a part of.
- You can click All Courses if you don’t see what you are looking for on this list.
Though you may have many different classes, the layout of each individual class page is the same. You can navigate between these pages by clicking on the one you want to view. The pages are as follows:
- Home - The Home page displays past and upcoming assignments. You can also view the course calendar and the list of Recent Feedback from the professor.
- Announcements - This is the section where your professor can send you information about the course. Alternatively, you can check these messages in your TU Mailbox.
- Assignments - Assignments is more or less the same as the home page. Click here to view previous and current assignments.
- Grades - This is the place where you can view all of the grades that have currently been uploaded by your professor. If you click into a specific assignment or test, you can see the information and files associated with that assignment or test.
- People - This page allows you to view all of the students, professors, and TAs associated with the course that you’re in.
- Syllabus - The syllabus page usually contains a link that you can click on. Clicking on the link will cause it to download to your computer. Once the file has downloaded, you can click on it to open it up and read the syllabus. The syllabus usually contains all the information you will need to know for your course.
This is a great place to view all your upcoming assignments and important events for the week.
- Any assignments and events that have already passed will be crossed out with a single line through the center.
- You can click on the event or assignment to find out more information about it.
Your inbox is the place where you can check all of the messages that both the school and your teachers have sent you. Alternatively, you can sign into your TU Mailbox to view them directly without the need of canvas.
The final area on the canvas navigation menu is the help section, which looks like a question mark. Clicking into this section will allow you to:
- Search the Canvas Guides - Find answers to common questions
- Report a Problem - Let the school know if canvas is misbehaving
- TUhelp - Enter a help ticket with Temple University Help Desk
- Canvas Support Hotline - Call someone if you are having difficulty using canvas
- Chat with Canvas Support - Talk with someone over an online chat if you are having issues