In addition to the traditional tough spots, our entire working life is transforming in a variety of uncertain, and sometimes uncomfortable, ways. This workshop covers it all – starting with your own inner peace and confidence as you navigate uncertain waters, and going through to managing difficult relationships, operational changes, uncooperative bosses, complex negotiations, and the office politics that keep us up at night.
By the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Utilize a technique for being in charge of their emotional and cognitive state to handle difficult situations with composure and confidence. Discuss how to use this technique to grow the capacity for resilience;
- Gain perspectives and tools for managing uncertainty, developing agility, and adapting to the rapid change and increasing complexity/interdependence of the workplace;
- Obtain a framework and insight for leading and facilitating organizational change;
- Identify difficult personality types, while gaining insight into each type and strategies for communication and behavior optimization;
- Gain assertive communication skills for effective communication in difficult circumstances and contexts;
- Identify the styles of their manager and other upper-level managers and discover strategies for “managing up” to produce results, achieve acceptance of their initiatives, and enhance their positioning within their organization;
- Obtain a framework and process for managing conflict;
- Gain a high-integrity framework for successfully handling office politics and enhancing influence across the organization.
Andrea Sullivan, M.A. is President of LeaderStrength Systems, LLC, a learning and performance organization utilizing modern neuroscience to facilitate performance and organizational growth. She holds a Master’s degree in Organizational Psychology from Vermont College of Norwich University, with an emphasis on Training and Development and in-depth interdisciplinary research on human functioning. Ms. Sullivan obtained extensive management and project management experience from operating several branches of a personal growth organization, where she also developed and produced personal development seminars. Ms. Sullivan founded LeaderStrength Systems in 2001 to bring her knowledge and expertise to the workplace. Through her companies, she has introduced brain-compatible leadership development into many organizations, including Fortune 500 companies such as Merck, Aetna, and Northrup Grumman Corporation.
Cancellation, Withdrawal and Refund Policy
A participant who withdraws from a non-credit course, in writing, up to one-week prior to the starting date of the course, will receive a refund, minus a $25 withdrawal fee; for all certificate programs the withdrawal fee is $50. For courses costing $75 or less, the withdrawal fee is $10 per course. No refunds will be given after that time. E-mail your withdrawal request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if you do not officially withdrawal from a course and you do not attend the course, you are still responsible for payment. Temple University reserves the right to cancel a course for any reason. If the course is cancelled, you will be notified and your entire tuition will be refunded.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Leadership and Management : Leadership elective courses