EDU1009 - Teacher Education Alliance (TEA) - New Teacher Program
The TEA New Teacher Program was created through a collaboration among regional teacher education programs and organizations. The purpose is to create a safe and engaging space for early career educators to explore the challenges and opportunities they are encountering in their classrooms.
Each monthly evening workshop will be led by an expert in the field, with tips and strategies as well as guided conversations aimed at sharing practice and building a sustainable, professional community of new educators. Topics will include culturally responsive teaching, building a culture of inquiry, effective questioning, self-care, and much more! Click here for additional details.
One Act 48 credit will be provided for each hour-long workshop attended.
All sessions will be offered via Zoom from 7:00-8:00 PM. Links will be sent to registered participants a week prior to each session.
- Thursday, November 11, 2021 - Peer support: How to connect to teachers outside of your school (led by Swarthmore College)
- Thursday, December 9, 2021- Differentiation for All (led by Temple University and Neumann University)
- Thursday, January 13, 2022 - Building a Culture of inquiry (led by Eastern University)
- Thursday, February 10, 2022 - Effective Questioning & Linking Questioning to Assessment (Led by La Salle University)
- Thursday, March 10, 2022 - Building Relationships with Families (led by City’s Office of Children & Families)
- Thursday, April 14, 2022 - Self-care, managing expectations, and connecting/working with others (Led by Science Leadership Academy M.S.)
- Thursday, May 12, 2022 - Building Relationships with Community (led by PHENND)
The program is designed for you to personalize based on your interests and goals. To attend any of the workshops, you must register here for the TEA program. Once registered, you are welcome to join all or select sessions that you find relevant to your practice. Act 48 credits for these sessions are pending and are expected to be available through the Destiny One registration.
Q: If I register, do I have to attend all the sessions? A: No, once you complete this registration form, you are welcome to attend any of the sessions.
Q: Do I need to complete this registration form if I’m only doing sessions in the Spring? A: Yes, space is limited. So, please register now.
Q: What will this program cost? A: The program is being offered for free to new and early career teachers.