The Enhancing Communities Learning Series (ECLS) is a program of Temple University Harrisburg. This quarterly series offers a convenient way to learn about important and relevant issues affecting nonprofits. These are not just passive presentations, but rather interactive workshops to discover new talents, challenge perspectives and apply theories and skills in real-time with colleagues in the community while promoting your organization’s work. Originally planned as in-person interactive sessions, these virtual workshops allow you to interact with other attendees and the presenter, in the comfort of your own home!
This series offers four different workshops (each requires individual registration):
- Implementing Principles of Nonprofit Governance: Wednesday, June 3, 2020 (Workshop # 1)
- Developing an Effective Strategic Plan: Wednesday, July 29, 2020 (Workshop # 2)
- Why Should I Join This Organization? Why Should I Stay?: Wednesday, September 9, 2020 (Workshop # 3)
- Maximizing Your Brand and Community Engagement: Wednesday, November 4, 2020 (Workshop # 4)
Cost (per Workshop): $20
- The course cost includes 1.5 contact hours of social work continuing education
- If also registered for any module of the Nonprofit Management Certificate Program (online program), registration for this workshop is discounted to $15. Please email Lindsay Price at email@example.com to request this discount.
Workshop #1: Implementing Principles of Nonprofit Governance
Presenter: Joe Arthur, Executive Director, Central PA Food Bank
- Date: Wednesday, June 3, 2020
- Time: 8:30am - 10:00am
- Location: Virtual Live Workshop via Zoom
Geared to current or prospective non-profit executives or board members with moderate experience, this workshop will provide an overview of governance in Pennsylvania charitable organizations. Participants will learn about non-profit governance principles, the importance of maintaining effective governance, and the roles of executive management and the board of directors in organization governance.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Differentiate between the governance roles of management and the board of directors
- Identify strong versus weak governance practices
- Recommend governance enhancements
Social Work Continuing Education Hours:
Each of the workshops has been approved for 1.5 continuing education hours. Temple University Harrisburg is a pre-approved provider of professional continuing education for social workers by the Pennsylvania State Board of Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists, and Professional Counselors. If approved, these credit hours satisfy requirements for LSW/LCSW/LMFT/LPC biennial license renewal. Certificates of attendance documenting continuing education hours will be issued by Temple University Harrisburg.
If you are interested in receiving a certificate of Social Work continuing education, the following steps must be completed:
- Pay for the course at check-out
- View and complete the CE Request Form
- Complete an online program evaluation that will be sent via email (full name must be on evaluation)
Program Questions? Please email Lindsay Price at firstname.lastname@example.org