This two-part intermediate level training, comprised of Transgender Intermediate Part 1 (HBGCE0117) and Transgender Intermediate Part 2 (HBGCE0118), is designed for mental health providers who have a foundational knowledge of transgender identities, topics, inclusion practices, and intersectionality. Participants will delve further into these concepts and uncover nuance around evolving best practice language and developing skills for creating inclusive spaces and approaches to care.
To attend Part I, register for one of the training dates:
- June 8, 2020
- October 7, 2020
Social Work Continuing Education
This workshop has been approved for 3 continuing education hours through co-sponsorship of Temple University Harrisburg, a PA State Board of Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists, and Professional Counselor pre-approved provider of continuing education. These credit hours satisfy requirements for LSW/LCSW/LMFT/LPC biennial license renewal. Certificates of attendance documenting continuing education hours will be issued by Temple University Harrisburg.
Certificates of attendance documenting continuing education hours will be issued by Temple University Harrisburg. If you are interested in receiving a certificate of continuing education, the following steps must be completed:
- Pay the optional CE fee at checkout
- Complete the continuing education request form
- Sign the attendance sheet and attend the entire training
- Complete the training evaluation with your full name after the training, which will be sent via email
At the end of this training participants will be able to:
- Differentiate between individual, organizational and systemic oppressions that transgender people face
- Describe how individuals can be affected by multiple layers of oppression simultaneously
- Explain cisgender privilege and the impact of cisheteronormativity
In the event of inclement weather, TUH will make every effort to cancel events with as much advance notice as possible. Notification will be sent via email/Destiny One once a decision been to close or delay has been made. In all instances TUH will follow the University’s cancellation decisions.
All cancellation requests must be in writing via email to Kari Leaver at email@example.com
Cancellations received up to ten (10) business days prior to the start of the scheduled workshop will receive a full refund. If cancellation is received nine (9) business days to the first day prior to the start of the workshop there will be a $10.00 processing fee assessed, and the balance paid will be refunded. There will be no refunds if cancellation happens on the day of the event.
TUH reserves the right to cancel continuing education events due to low enrollment. Full refund will be provided.
There are several parking garages. The closest and most convenient are:
Walnut Street Garage – 215 Walnut St (24 hrs 7 days a week)
Harrisburg University Garage – Entrance on 4th St, between Walnut & Market Streets. Closes at 9pm.
On-street Meter Parking
On-street meter parking is available for $3 per hour. Use the Parkmobile app on your phone to manage payment electronically
Economic parking is available at Transitpark ~ 10 minutes away by foot, located at 815 Market Street.
For more information about parking rates and locations, please visit Park Harrisburg
Campus Map and Directions
To return to the main page to view the other training topics in the 2020 Continuing Education Series for Human Services Professionals, click here.
In order to attend Training Topic 4: Transgender Intermediate Part 1 (HBGCE0117) and Training Topic 5: Transgender Intermediate Part 2 (HBGCE0118), please note the following pre-requisite conditions.
Pre-Requisite Option 1
- Register for and attend the entire Transgender 101 Part 1 training in its entirety (HBGCE0115)
- Register for and attend the entire Transgender 101 Part 2 training in its entirety (HBGCE0116)
Pre-Requisite Option 2
- Complete the Transgender Intermediate knowledge quiz and receiving a passing score. Score information will be sent via email to the email address designated in the Transgender Intermediate knowledge quiz response.
Failure to complete one of the pre-requisite options will result in your registration being canceled. A full refund will be provided.