Performance Management and the Strengths-based Leader
Strengths-based leaders don’t ignore performance concerns, they use communication and goal planning approaches to help staff build on their strengths and overcome challenges. In this workshop leaders will practice giving and receiving strengths-based feedback, discuss goal plans, and identify the benefits of using tools to measure progress. Participants will discuss how to hold employees accountable using a strengths-based approach.
Please see the locations and dates below.
Locations and Dates*
Please click on course numbers in the boxes to the right to select the location and date for these training events. Use + and - controls to open/close each selection.(scroll down to see all offerings):
SFW0009-015: Wednesday, May 15, 2019 - Temple University Harrisburg
SFW0009-017: Thursday, June 27, 2019 - Temple University Harrisburg
SFW0009-018: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 - Temple University Harrisburg
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- List benefits of self-assessment and strategies for supporting accurate self-assessment
- Identify a strength-based approach to giving feedback
- Analyze performance concerns from a strengths-based perspective rooted in curiosity and collaboration
- Practice strategies for increasing motivation to change
- Analyze different methods of monitoring and evaluating progress toward results
- Identify methods and benefits of receiving feedback
Continuing Education Credit (Social Work Credit):
Available and optional at check out. This item must be paid for at check out. Continuing Education Credit fee is $20.00.
To obtain CE Credit, please complete the following items:
- Pay the Continuing Education Fee (optional choice at check-out)
- Attend entire course and sign-in
- Complete the online request form
- Complete the Course Evaluation after attending
This workshop has been approved for 6 continuing education hours by Temple University Harrisburg. Temple University Harrisburg is a pre-approved provider of continuing education by the PA State Board of Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Professional Counselors. These credit hours satisfy requirements for LSW/LCSW/LMFT/LPC biennial license renewal.