Culture and the Strengths-based Leader
In this workshop leaders will reflect on their own culture and how it has shaped their values and beliefs. Participants will discuss the impact that bias has on their work and learn strategies for addressing this bias. Cultural humility will be introduced as an approach to embracing and building on the strengths of a diverse staff and organization. Finally, participants will explore organizational culture and how it supports or blocks an empowering work environment.
Please see the locations and dates below.
Locations and Dates*
Please click on course numbers in the boxes to the right to select the location and date for these training events. Use + and - controls to open/close each selection.(scroll down to see all offerings):
SFW0008-015: Wednesday, April 17, 2019 - Temple University Harrisburg
SFW0008-017: Wednesday, June 26, 2019 - Temple University Harrisburg
SFW0008-018: Tuesday, November 19, 2019 - Temple University Harrisburg
- Provide a broad definition of culture
- Identify elements of organizational culture
- Reflect on your own values and how they impact behavior and relationships
- Identify types of bias that can impact judgment
- Describe how differences in culture can impact supervisory relationships
- Identify personal and organizational strategies for demonstrating cultural humility
- Identify methods of influencing organizational culture
Continuing Education Credit (Social Work Credit):
Available and optional at check out. This item must be paid for at check out. Continuing Education Credit fee is $20.00.
To obtain CE Credit, please complete the following items:
- Pay the Continuing Education Fee (optional choice at check-out)
- Attend entire course and sign-in
- Complete the online request form
- Complete the Course Evaluation after attending
This workshop has been approved for 6 continuing education hours by Temple University Harrisburg. Temple University Harrisburg is a pre-approved provider of continuing education by the PA State Board of Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Professional Counselors. These credit hours satisfy requirements for LSW/LCSW/LMFT/LPC biennial license renewal.