This full day of training will cover two topics. The morning session is an overview of the stages of change and includes how to support residents experiencing change in their lives. The afternoon session will explore trauma and the brain and how to respond and support residents that have experienced trauma in their lives. Participants must attend the morning and afternoon sessions to receive their 6 hours of credit.
This training is for active personal care home administrators and their designees. The course is not open to the general public.
- Individual online registration is required for each person
- During this fiscal year, a total of 8 trainings are being offered on this topic
- Training will run from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm with sign-in beginning at 8:00 am each day
- Coffee service in the morning only
- Lunch is on your own
- Certificates for 6 hours will be issued upon completion of the entire training
- Partial certificates for late arrival or early departure are not available
Fall 2019 Locations and Dates*
Please click on course numbers in the boxes to the right to select the location and date for these training events. Use + and - controls to open/close each selection.(Scroll down to see all offerings)
IPS0054 - 001 Altoona: Blair County Convention Center - October 16, 2019
IPS0054 - 002 Meadville: *NEW LOCATION* Allegheny College - October 23, 2019
IPS0054 - 003 Pittsburgh: *NEW LOCATION* Comfort Inn Conference Center - October 24, 2019
IPS0054 - 004 Williamsport: Holiday Inn Williamsport - November 14, 2019
IPS0054 - 005 Wilkes-Barre: Holiday Inn Wilkes-Barre East Mountain - November 15, 2019
IPS0054 - 006 Philadelphia: Temple University TASB - November 20, 2019
IPS0054 - 007 Ambler: Temple University Ambler - December 6, 2019
IPS0054 - 008 Harrisburg: Red Lion Hotel - December 12, 2019
*Date Added* IPS0054-009 Philadelphia: Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia City Ave - December 11, 2019
- It is difficult to maintain room temperatures that are comfortable for all participants, and the room temperature may vary. A sweater or jacket is helpful if the room becomes too cool.
Stages of Change:
Upon completion of this course, participants will have the ability to:
1. Describe the stages of change theories.
2. Develop skills to support residents experiencing change.
Trauma Informed Case:
Upon completion of this course, participants will behave the ability to:
1. Describe what trauma is and how it can affect the brain.
2. Develop skills to support residents that have experienced trauma.
In the event of inclement weather, TUH will make every effort to cancel events with as much advance notice as possible. Notification will be sent via email/DestinyOne once a decision to close or delay has been made. In all instances, TUH will follow the University’s and/or the agency’s cancellation decisions.
- These courses are not open to the public
- Must be an active Personal Care Home Administrator or an Administrator's Designee
- Each training is limited to two staff per home