Performance Management and the Strengths-based Leader
Strengths-based leaders don’t ignore performance concerns, they use communication and goal planning approaches to help staff build on their strengths and overcome challenges. In this workshop leaders will practice giving and receiving strengths-based feedback, discuss goal plans, and identify the benefits of using tools to measure progress. Participants will discuss how to hold employees accountable using a strengths-based approach.
Please review the following handouts prior to the Zoom workshop session:
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- List benefits of self-assessment and strategies for supporting accurate self-assessment
- Identify a strengths-based approach to giving feedback
- Analyze performance concerns from a strengths-based perspective rooted in curiosity and collaboration
- Practice strategies for increasing motivation to change
- Analyze different methods of monitoring and evaluating progress toward results
- Identify methods and benefits of receiving feedback
Cancellation Policy: All cancellation requests must be in writing via email to email@example.com and received by the Temple University Harrisburg staff before becoming effective. Please note that if the registrant does not officially withdraw from a course and does not attend the course, the registrant is still responsible for payment.
Cancellations received ten (10) business days or more prior to the start of the scheduled course will be eligible for a full refund of fees paid.
Cancellations received nine (9) business days to one (1) business day prior to the start of the scheduled course will be subject to a cancellation charge of $10.00 for one day/session courses and $50 for multiday courses. Cancellations received less than one (1) business day prior to the start of the scheduled course will not be eligible for a refund.
Continuing Education - Social Work
Available and optional at check out. This item must be paid for at check out. The continuing Education Credit fee is $20.00.
To obtain CE Credit, please complete the following items:
- Pay the Continuing Education Fee (optional choice at check-out)
- Attend the entire course and sign-in
- Complete the online request form
- Complete the Course Evaluation after attending
This workshop has been approved for 7 continuing education hours, 4 of which are via home study, through Temple University Harrisburg, a PA State Board of Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists, and Professional Counselors pre-approved provider of continuing education. These credit hours satisfy requirements for LSW/LCSW/LMFT/LPC biennial license renewal. Certificates of attendance documenting continuing education hours will be issued by Temple University Harrisburg.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Strengths-based Leadership Hybrid Certificate Program : Hybrid Stream