Enhancing Communities Learning Series 2019 - Training for the Nonprofit Novice
The Enhancing Communities Learning Series (ECLS) is a professional development program of Temple University Harrisburg. The series offers you a convenient way to learn about important and relevant issues affecting nonprofits while enjoying a meal with your colleagues in the community. ECLS provides more than a chance to passively listen to presentations. We encourage you to be part of an interactive process of discovering new talents, opportunities and resources in the community-all while making the community more aware of your organization’s work. Each workshop in the series includes a meal and networking opportunities; announcements from participants; and a topic germane to nonprofit capacity building or community issues.
This series offers four different workshops (each requires individual registration)
- Logic Models: Road Maps to Nonprofit Success - Wednesday, February 27, 2019 (Giant - Camp Hill)
- Proposal Writing 101: Basic Principles to Grant Seeking and Writing Tuesday, April 23, 2019 (Giant - Linglestown)
- I Got a Promotion! Now What? Wednesday, July 31, 2019 (Giant - Camp Hill)
- Fundraising Tune Up Wednesday, October 16, 2019 (Giant - Linglestown)
Fundraising Tune Up
Join fundraising master trainer, Chad Barger, CFRE, for a workshop focused on actionable solutions to common fundraising problems. Chad will reveal the most common barriers to effective fundraising at the small community-based organizations that he serves and provide tips for overcoming them. Attendees will also be given free access to document samples and templates which will help to fast track the implementation of these solutions. Ample time will be reserved for questions so that attendees can also pick Chad’s brain for solutions to their “not so common” fundraising challenges.
Continuing Education: AT THIS TIME CE CREDIT IS PENDING APPROVAL
This workshop has been approved for 1.5 continuing education hours through co-sponsorship of Temple University Harrisburg, a PA State Board of Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists, and Professional Counselor pre-approved provider of continuing education. These credit hours satisfy requirements for LSW/LCSW/LMFT/LPC biennial license renewal. Certificates of attendance documenting continuing education hours will be issued by Temple University Harrisburg.
Certificates of attendance documenting continuing education hours will be issued by Temple University Harrisburg. If you are interested in receiving a certificate of continuing education, the following steps must be completed:
- Complete the continuing education request form: CLICK HERE (this will need completed for each workshop attended)
- Attend and sign the attendance sheet
- Complete an online workshop evaluation with your full name, at the end of the workshop
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- List the most common barrier to fundraising success at small non-profit organizations
- Discover tactical ways to overcome these barriers
- Use a fundraising toolkit filled with templates and samples to fast track implementation
- Registration: Online registration is required to attend and space is limited to 60 participants
- Cost: $20.00 per workshop
In the event of inclement weather, TUH will make every effort to cancel events with as much advance notice as possible. Notification will be sent via email/Destiny One once a decision been to close or delay has been made. In all instances TUH will follow the University’s cancellation decisions.
All cancellation requests must be in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellations received up to ten (10) business days prior to the start of the scheduled workshop will receive a full refund. If cancellation is received nine (9) business days to the first day prior to the start of the workshop there will be a $10.00 processing fee assessed, and the balance paid will be refunded. There will be no refunds if cancellation happens on the day of the event.
TUH reserves the right to cancel continuing education events due to low enrollment. Full refund will be provided.