Performance Management and the Strengths-based Leader
Strengths-based leaders don’t ignore performance concerns, they use communication and goal planning approaches to help staff build on their strengths and overcome challenges. In this workshop leaders will practice giving and receiving strengths-based feedback, discuss goal plans, and identify the benefits of using tools to measure progress. Participants will discuss how to hold employees accountable using a strengths-based approach.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- List benefits of self-assessment and strategies for supporting accurate self-assessment
- Identify a strengths-based approach to giving feedback
- Analyze performance concerns from a strengths-based perspective rooted in curiosity and collaboration
- Practice strategies for increasing motivation to change
- Analyze different methods of monitoring and evaluating progress toward results
- Identify methods and benefits of receiving feedback
Cancellation Policy: All cancellation requests must be in writing via email to email@example.com
For individual session payments: cancellations received up to ten (10) business days prior to the start of the scheduled session will receive a full refund. If cancellation is received nine (9) business days to the first day prior to the start of the session there will be a $10.00 processing fee assessed, and the balance paid will be refunded. There will be no refunds if cancellation is first day of session or once the session has started.
For complete certificate series bundle payments: cancellations received up to ten business days before the start of the first session will receive a full refund. Cancellations received nine business days prior to the first day of the first session will be assessed a $50.00 processing fee. There will be no refunds if cancellation is the first day of session one, or after.
TUH reserves the right to cancel continuing education events due to low enrollment. Full refund will be provided.
Weather Related Cancellations: In the event of inclement weather, TUH will make every effort to cancel events with as much advance notice as possible. Notification will be sent via email/DestinyOne once a decision to close or delay has been made. In all instances TUH will follow the University’s and/or the agency’s cancellation decisions.
Continuing Education Credit (Social Work Credit):
Available and optional at check out. This item must be paid for at check out. Continuing Education Credit fee is $20.00.
To obtain CE Credit, please complete the following items:
- Pay the Continuing Education Fee (optional choice at check-out)
- Attend entire course and sign-in
- Complete the online request form
- Complete the Course Evaluation after attending - full first and last name must be listed on the evaluation
This workshop has been approved for 6 continuing education hours by Temple University Harrisburg. Temple University Harrisburg is a pre-approved provider of continuing education by the PA State Board of Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Professional Counselors. These credit hours satisfy requirements for LSW/LCSW/LMFT/LPC biennial license renewal.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Strengths-based Leadership Certificate Program : Strengths-based Leadership Certificate