Culture and the Strengths-based Leader
In this workshop leaders will reflect on their own culture and how it has shaped their values and beliefs. Participants will discuss the impact that bias has on their work and learn strategies for addressing this bias. Cultural humility will be introduced as an approach to embracing and building on the strengths of a diverse staff and organization. Finally, participants will explore organizational culture and how it supports or blocks an empowering work environment.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Provide a broad definition of culture
- Identify elements of organizational culture
- Reflect on your own values and how they impact behavior and relationships
- Identify types of bias that can impact judgment
- Describe how differences in culture can impact supervisory relationships
- Identify personal and organizational strategies for demonstrating cultural humility
- Identify methods of influencing organizational culture
Cancellation Policy: All cancellation requests must be in writing via email to Kari Leaver at email@example.com
For individual session payments: cancellations received up to ten (10) business days prior to the start of the scheduled session will receive a full refund. If cancellation is received nine (9) business days to the first day prior to the start of the session there will be a $10.00 processing fee assessed, and the balance paid will be refunded. There will be no refunds if cancellation is first day of session or once the session has started.
For complete certificate series bundle payments: cancellations received up to ten business days before the start of the first session will receive a full refund. Cancellations received nine business days prior to the first day of the first session will be assessed a $50.00 processing fee. There will be no refunds if cancellation is the first day of session one, or after.
TUH reserves the right to cancel continuing education events due to low enrollment. Full refund will be provided.
Weather Related Cancellations: In the event of inclement weather, TUH will make every effort to cancel events with as much advance notice as possible. Notification will be sent via email/DestinyOne once a decision to close or delay has been made. In all instances TUH will follow the University’s and/or the agency’s cancellation decisions.
Continuing Education Credit (Social Work Credit):
Available and optional at check out. This item must be paid for at check out. Continuing Education Credit fee is $20.00.
To obtain CE Credit, please complete the following items:
- Pay the Continuing Education Fee (optional choice at check-out)
- Attend entire course and sign-in
- Complete the online request form
- Complete the Course Evaluation after attending
This workshop has been approved for 6 continuing education hours by Temple University Harrisburg. Temple University Harrisburg is a pre-approved provider of continuing education by the PA State Board of Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Professional Counselors. These credit hours satisfy requirements for LSW/LCSW/LMFT/LPC biennial license renewal.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Strengths-based Leadership Certificate Program : Strengths-based Leadership Certificate