Burnout and turnover of team members are ongoing challenges for Personal Care Home Administrators. In this 6-hour hybrid course, students will delve into current hiring and retention trends, while learning how generational and personality differences impact teams. Students will then explore Transformational Leadership principles and focus on application of the principles through small group discussion and case studies.
This hybrid training consists of a 3-hour self-paced prerequisite and a 3-hour virtual live training. 6-credit hours will be issued after completion of both requirements.
- Individual online registration is required for each person
- There are a limited number of registrations per training
- During this fiscal year, a total of 8 trainings are being offered on this topic
In order to receive 6-credit hours, participants must:
- Complete the 3-hour online self-paced prerequisite training, which includes instructor videos and reading of supplementary information.
- Participate in the 3-hour live virtual training facilitated by Jennifer Holcomb. Audio and video ARE required to be turned on for the live, 3-hour training on the Zoom platform.
- Certificates for 6-hours will be issued upon successful completion and verification of both activities.
- Partial certificates for completing one activity are not available.
Fall 2023 Dates:
Please register for ONE of the eight sessions. Multiple registrations are not permitted.
|Section 001||Wednesday, August 30, 2023||9:00 am to 12:00 pm|
|Section 002||Thursday, September 7, 2023||1:00 pm to 4:00 pm|
|Section 003||Tuesday, September 26, 2023||9:00 am to 12:00 pm|
|Section 004||Wednesday, October 4, 2023||1:00 pm to 4:00 pm|
|Section 005||Tuesday, October 24, 2023||9:00 am to 12:00 pm|
|Section 006||Tuesday, November 7, 2023||1:00 pm to 4:00 pm|
|Section 007||Thursday, November 30, 2023||9:00 am to 12:00 pm|
|Section 008||Wednesday, December 13, 2023||1:00 pm to 4:00 pm|
At the conclusion of this, the participants will be able to:
Understand reasons why people leave their jobs and how generational differences impact the workplace.
Explore differences in personalities in order to understand how to tailor interactions to promote positive outcomes in teams.
Describe Transformational Leadership and how to create valuable and positive change in the workplace.
Identify symptoms of burnout and understand how Transformational Leadership helps to prevent burnout from developing into inappropriate or abusive behavior.
- Please be courteous and do not register for a course that you do not plan on attending.
- If you are unable to attend, please email Temple as soon as possible so that your virtual seat can be offered to another person.
- Emails should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- These courses are not open to the public.
- Must be an active Personal Care Home Administrator or an Administrator's Designee
- Audio and video ARE required to be turned on for the live, 3-hour training on the Zoom platform.
- Audio and video ARE required for the 3-hour live virtual training on the Zoom platform.
- Please note that driving during the live training is NOT permitted.
- If you do not have audio on your computer, the Zoom platform can be accessed on your smartphone or tablet. You must have the hardware (desktop or laptop, tablet or smartphone) and software (Browsers such as Chrome, Safari, Firefox or Microsoft Edge) to access the internet. A broadband internet connection (DSL, cable, fiber, etc.) is recommended with a hardwired Ethernet cable. Wireless (Wi-Fi) connections may be utilized but a weak or congested signal may cause issues with video buffering or content access.