This course is for individuals who received their Credential for Strengths-based Family Workers (SFW) in 2014.
A hallmark of a strong credentialing program is recertification. Recertification allows workers to demonstrate that they are still competent in strengths-based skills, stay up-to-date on new developments in the field, and remain connected to the network. SFW requires recertification every three years therefore individuals who received their credential in 2014 are due to complete this course by December 31, 2017. This recertification course consists of three online modules and a final quiz.
This is a self-paced online course completed through the Blackboard platform. The three video modules are:
- Reflecting Empathy
- Powerful Questions
- Introduction to Cultural Humility
Following completion of the three video modules, you will have access to the final Recertification Quiz. The quiz is a short answer exam allowing you the opportunity to demonstrate your competence.
Section 1 Reflecting Empathy
- Describe the use of reflection
- Define empathy
- Identify examples of empathic reflection
Section 2 Powerful Questions
- Recognize powerful questions
- Describe three considerations when constructing a powerful question
- Explain the benefit of using powerful questions
Section 3 Introduction to Cultural Humility
- Define cultural humility
- Identify examples of cultural humility
- Identify communication skills useful for conversations about culture
- Use reflection as a strengths-based communication strategy when presented with sample dialogue
- Respond by communicating empathy when presented with sample dialogue
- Identify powerful questions to generate insight and creativity when presented with a sample scenario
- When presented with a scenario illustrating a cultural conflict propose an approach demonstrating cultural humility