Course Description: The goal of this program is to introduce the concept of mindfulness as a personal and professional practice. Participants will have the opportunity to experience a range of mindfulness techniques in large and small groups and explore ways to apply these techniques to their personal and professional lives. Participants will begin to understand how to utilize mindfulness to achieve better self-regulation and to enable clients to do the same.
Target Audience: Beginning Level
Continuing Education Clock Hours: 3 Hours
9:00-9:15am Welcome and Introductions
9:15-9:30am Defining Mindfulness, Mindfulness in Today's Society
9:30-10:00am A Meditation Experience -- then Discussion
10:00-10:30am Meditation and Gratitude
10:45-11:15am Mindfulness Practices, Impact of Mindfulness on Professional Practice
11:15-12:00pm Well-Being Meditation
12:00-12:10pm Questions and Resources
12:10-12:15pm Evaluations and Certificates
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to do the following:
Describe the concept of mindfulness
When participants return to the workplace, they will be able to do the following:
Implement mindfulness practices into their workdays.
- Pre-Approved Provider: Temple University School of Social Work Continuing Education Program is a pre-approved provider of continuing education courses and programs for social workers and clinical social workers in Pennsylvania.
- Continuing Education Certificates: At the conclusion of the course, paper certificates denoting continuing education clock hours will be provided to students who successfully complete the course. To successfully complete the course, students must attend the entire course (from start to finish), actively participate in the course, and submit a course evaluation form. Note: Certificates are printed 72 hours in advance of the scheduled course. The Continuing Education Office will mail paper certificates within 14 calendar days of the course to any students who register after the certificates are printed. Tuition for the course covers the cost of the paper certificate.
- Accommodations: To request special accommodations, please send an email to the Continuing Education program office (email@example.com) that includes a contact person, phone number, and specific accommodation requested. Please provide at least 14 calendar day's notice before the scheduled course.
- Cancellations/Refunds: Please notify the Continuing Education program office (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible if you need to cancel your registration. Registrants who provide more than 7 days' notice of cancellation receive 100% tuition refund. Registrants who provide more than 24 hours' but less than 7 days' notice of cancellation receive 50% tuition refund. Registrants who provide less than 24 hours' notice of cancellation receive 0% tuition refund.
- Questions/Grievances: For any questions or grievances, please send an email to the Continuing Education program office (email@example.com) that includes a contact person, phone number, and questions or description of grievances.