HBGBHSL0012 - PCHA Continuing Education - Conflict Resolution: “Conflict is part of our daily lives; let’s talk about how to manage it.”
Conflict resolution skills are critical when working with staff, residents, and their families. This hybrid training will assist in identifying your conflict management style and developing ways to manage conflict. This training consists of a 3-hour self-paced prerequisite and a 3-hour virtual live training, and 6 credit hours will be issued after completion of both requirements.
- Individual online registration is required for each person
- There are a limited number of registrations per training
- During this fiscal year, a total of 8 trainings are being offered on this topic
In order to receive 6-credit hours, participants must:
- Complete the 3-hour online self-paced prerequisite training, which includes instructor videos and reading of supplementary information.
- Participate in the 3-hour live virtual training facilitated by Mila Pilz. Audio and video ARE required to be turned on for the live, 3-hour training on the Zoom platform.
- Certificates for 6-hours will be issued upon successful completion and verification of both activities.
- Partial certificates for completing one activity are not available.
Spring 2023 Dates:
Please register for ONE of the eight sessions. Multiple registrations are not permitted.
|Thursday, March 23, 2023||1:00 pm – 4:00 pm|
|Wednesday, March 29, 2023||9:00 am – 12:00 pm|
|Tuesday, April 4, 2023||1:00 pm – 4:00 pm|
|Thursday, April 6, 2023||9:00 am – 12:00 pm|
|Thursday, April 27, 2023||9:00 am – 12:00 pm|
|Tuesday, May 2, 2023||1:00 pm – 4:00 pm|
|Tuesday, May 23, 2023||1:00 pm – 4:00 pm|
|Wednesday, May 31, 2023||9:00 am – 12:00 pm|
Participants will be able to:
- Recall the different dispute resolution options.
- Identify their default conflict style.
- Manage responses to conflict.
Live, Virtual Training
Participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate best methods of approaching conversations around culture and differences.
- Reflect on how values influence leadership behavior and relationships.
- Identify workplace culture and implement ways to be more inclusive.
- Please be courteous and do not register for a course that you do not plan on attending.
- If you are unable to attend, please email Temple as soon as possible so that your virtual seat can be offered to another person.
- Emails should be sent to email@example.com
- These courses are not open to the public.
- Must be an active Personal Care Home Administrator or an Administrator's Designee
- Audio and video ARE required to be turned on for the live, 3-hour training on the Zoom platform.
- Audio and video ARE required for the 3-hour live virtual training on the Zoom platform.
- Please note that driving during the live training is NOT permitted.
- If you do not have audio on your computer, the Zoom platform can be accessed on your smartphone or tablet. You must have the hardware (desktop or laptop, tablet or smartphone) and software (Browsers such as Chrome, Safari, Firefox or Microsoft Edge) to access the internet. A broadband internet connection (DSL, cable, fiber, etc.) is recommended with a hardwired Ethernet cable. Wireless (Wi-Fi) connections may be utilized but a weak or congested signal may cause issues with video buffering or content access.