HBGBHSL0011 - PCHA Continuing Education - Substance Use Disorders: Myths, Treatment Barriers, and Interventions
Understanding substance use disorders (SUDs) are critical when working with staff, residents, and their families. The myths and misinformation about these chronic conditions are barriers to treatment services. This hybrid training will provide critical information to increase understanding, improve communication, and identify approaches that offer long-term recovery and improved quality of life. This hybrid training consists of a 3-hour self-paced prerequisite and a 3-hour virtual live training. 6-credit hours will be issued after completion of both requirements.
- Individual online registration is required for each person
- There are a limited number of registrations per training
- During this fiscal year, a total of 8 trainings are being offered on this topic
In order to receive 6-credit hours, participants must:
- Complete the 3-hour online self-paced prerequisite training, which includes instructor videos and reading of supplementary information.
- Participate in the 3-hour live virtual training facilitated by Marilyn Stein. Audio and video ARE required to be turned on for the live, 3-hour training on the Zoom platform.
- Certificates for 6-hours will be issued upon successful completion and verification of both activities.
- Partial certificates for completing one activity are not available.
Spring 2023 Dates:
Please register for ONE of the eight sessions. Multiple registrations are not permitted.
|Section 001||Tuesday, April 11, 2023||9:00 am – 12:00 pm|
|Section 002||Thursday, April 13, 2023||1:00 pm – 4:00 pm|
|Section 003||Tuesday, April 25, 2023||9:00 am – 12:00 pm|
|Section 004||Tuesday, May 9, 2023||1:00 pm – 4:00 pm|
|Section 005||Thursday, May 11, 2023||9:00 am – 12:00 pm|
|Section 006||Thursday, May 25, 2023||1:00 pm – 4:00 pm|
|Section 007||Tuesday, June 6, 2023||9:00 am – 12:00 pm|
|Section 008||Thursday, June 8, 2023||1:00 pm – 4:00 pm|
At the conclusion of this, the participants will be able to:
- Describe the neuro-biology of addiction.
- Define substance use disorders as chronic medical conditions that pervasively change brain chemistry.
- Recall the core skills of Motivational Interviewing.
- Identify the relationship between the experience of trauma and substance use.
- Please be courteous and do not register for a course that you do not plan on attending.
- If you are unable to attend, please email Temple as soon as possible so that your virtual seat can be offered to another person.
- Emails should be sent to email@example.com
- These courses are not open to the public.
- Must be an active Personal Care Home Administrator or an Administrator's Designee
- Audio and video ARE required to be turned on for the live, 3-hour training on the Zoom platform.
- Audio and video ARE required for the 3-hour live virtual training on the Zoom platform.
- Please note that driving during the live training is NOT permitted.
- If you do not have audio on your computer, the Zoom platform can be accessed on your smartphone or tablet. You must have the hardware (desktop or laptop, tablet or smartphone) and software (Browsers such as Chrome, Safari, Firefox or Microsoft Edge) to access the internet. A broadband internet connection (DSL, cable, fiber, etc.) is recommended with a hardwired Ethernet cable. Wireless (Wi-Fi) connections may be utilized but a weak or congested signal may cause issues with video buffering or content access.