Whether you’re just beginning your management track, or you feel your management style could use a facelift, this workshop will provide the necessary exercises and tools to aid you in becoming a confident and effective leader. The workshop covers topics geared at strengthening your core competencies, identifying and optimizing your leadership style, expanding your ability to work with all types of people in all kinds of circumstances, and discovering how to lead and manage well across multiple platforms, both local and virtual.
By the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Describe and discuss different leadership models and how each is best suited to differing situations;
- Identify, explore, and discover how to leverage their own personal leadership style;
- Gain insight and perspective on ethical leadership behavior to build personal integrity and gain trust in their organization;
- Explore power dynamics to strategically build their credibility within their workgroups and organization;
- Apply scientific principles of human behavior to engage staff and improve performance;
- Utilize a framework for being an inclusive leader;
- Explore their own self-awareness and self-management, while identifying strengths and areas for growth;
- Gain a systems perspective for facilitating alignment of their work unit within the larger organization.
Andrea Sullivan, M.A. is President of LeaderStrength Systems, LLC, a learning and performance organization utilizing modern neuroscience to facilitate performance and organizational growth. She holds a Master’s degree in Organizational Psychology from Vermont College of Norwich University, with an emphasis on Training and Development and in-depth interdisciplinary research on human functioning. Ms. Sullivan obtained extensive management and project management experience from operating several branches of a personal growth organization, where she also developed and produced personal development seminars. Ms. Sullivan founded LeaderStrength Systems in 2001 to bring her knowledge and expertise to the workplace. Through her companies, she has introduced brain-compatible leadership development into many organizations, including Fortune 500 companies such as Merck, Aetna, and Northrup Grumman Corporation.
Cancellation, Withdrawal and Refund Policy
A participant who withdraws from a non-credit course, in writing, up to one-week prior to the starting date of the course, will receive a refund, minus a $25 withdrawal fee; for all certificate programs the withdrawal fee is $50. For courses costing $75 or less, the withdrawal fee is $10 per course. No refunds will be given after that time. E-mail your withdrawal request to: email@example.com. Please note that if you do not officially withdrawal from a course and you do not attend the course, you are still responsible for payment. Temple University reserves the right to cancel a course for any reason. If the course is cancelled, you will be notified and your entire tuition will be refunded.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Leadership and Management : Leadership required course