Set your sights on summer!
Temple Summer Scholars is a pre-college program for rising high school juniors and seniors that allows students to take two college courses with additional academic support and mentorship designed specifically for high school students. For summer 2022, Summer Scholars will have course options online, or on Temple's Main Campus in Philadelphia, PA.
- Two college courses (6-8 credits total)
- Small-group mentoring and study sessions
- Make new friends in class and through campus activities and field trips
- Opt to live on campus with a roommate
- Students who pass their courses with a B or better receive a $1,000 per year tuition grant as part of their financial aid if they are admitted to Temple. Students who maintain continuous full-time enrollment at Temple, and a GPA of 3.0 or better, can renew this grant for three additional years of undergraduate study.
Click here for more information.
- $3,400 for the full-day, six-week+ program. This includes two three-credit courses and intensive small-group mentoring, plus campus activities.
- $325 additional credit fee, for each credit beyond the first six.
- NOT included: housing and on-campus meals (optional), and books and supplies (required for some courses)
How to Fill Out This Application
Click "Apply Now" and provide some information about yourself and upload the following documents:
- Transcripts/report cards (ALL grades from 9th grade to the present, including most recent grades for the current academic year)
- Test scores (copy of PSAT, SAT, or ACT scores -- unofficial reports are ok) OR a copy of an academic paper that you wrote this year
- Personal statement (500 words, prompts provided inside application)
Enter the name and email of a teacher or counselor. We will email them a recommendation form. You do not need to ask this person to write a letter; the form will serve as their recommendation for you.
What Happens Next?
After you submit your application, you will receive a confirmation email. You will later be notified by email of an admissions decision. Admission to Temple Summer Scholars does not guarantee later admission to Temple University, and rejection from Temple Summer Scholars does not indicate later rejection to Temple University.
If you are admitted, you will be asked to pay a deposit, and then will be invoiced for the remainder of your fee. At that time, you will be able to add on-campus housing with an additional deposit to hold your space in the residence hall. Prior to beginning your program, you will complete the next steps for admitted students.
All pre-college students are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19, or request an exemption from vaccination due to legitimate medical or religious reasons prior to their arrival on campus. Students who have approved exemptions will be required to test at least once a week for COVID-19. All students will be expected to follow public health guidelines, which may include masking and social distancing.
Phone: (215) 204-2712