What will you discover this summer?
This is a joint application for Temple Summer Academy and Temple Summer Scholars, both of which are rigorous academic pre-college programs for rising high school juniors and seniors. For summer 2021, both programs will be offered online.
How to Fill Out This Application
- Choose your program: Temple Summer Academy (4 weeks) or Temple Summer Scholars (6 weeks). For more information on each program, including dates and fees, visit https://summer.temple.edu/precollege
- Upload your high school transcripts/report cards (all grades from 9th grade onward, including most recent grades for the current academic year)
- Upload your test scores (copy of PSAT, SAT, or ACT scores -- unofficial score reports are ok) OR a copy of an academic paper that you wrote this year
- Describe your volunteer experience or student activities that you have participated in during your time in high school.
- Upload your personal statement (500 words, prompts provided inside application)
- Enter the name and email address of a teacher or guidance counselor. We will then email a link to a recommendation form to that person. You do not need to ask this person to write a letter on your behalf; the form will serve as their recommendation for you.
We require an application for these programs because we want to make sure that you are fully prepared to take on the challenge of college-level coursework at Temple University. After you submit your application, you will receive a confirmation email that your application has been received and is being reviewed. You will be notified by email of an admissions decision to the program you choose.
Click ‘Apply Now’ to begin your summer experience!
* Admission Conditions
Admission to Temple Summer Academy does not guarantee later admission to Temple University, and rejection from Temple Summer Academy does not indicate later rejection to Temple University.
Questions? Contact us.
Phone: (215) 204-2712