Students may submit this application for financial aid to attend one or more of the following programs:
- Temple Summer Scholars (6 weeks)*
- Temple Summer Academy (4 weeks)*
- Temple Pre-College Workshops (2 weeks)
- Tyler Pre-College Summer Studios (2 weeks)
- Tyler Portfolio Boot Camp (2 weeks)
- Tyler Architecture Institute (2 weeks)
- Tyler Environmental Design Institute (2 weeks)
- Programs within the College of Engineering
* Temple Summer Scholars and Temple Summer Academy also require a separate application for admission to these programs.
|Financial Aid Application Received By
||Award Notification Date
|March 18, 2022
||March 30, 2022
|April 30, 2022
||May 15, 2022
|May 20, 2022
||June 1, 2022
We regret that aid is limited and we are therefore typically not able to cover program fees in full. Families are expected to contribute to the cost of a student’s program. Financial aid cannot be used with any other offers, discounts, or promotions, and can only be used toward program fees.
We encourage you to apply early! Aid is limited and may run out before May 20, 2022. No requests for aid will be considered after May 20, 2022.
- Applications for financial aid are due no later than May 20, 2022.
- Deposits on program fees are due by June 3, 2022.
- Program fees are due in full no later than 7 days prior to the first day of the program. Failure to pay in full will result in being dropped from the program.
The Office of Summer and Pre-College Programs encourages any families who are unable to afford the full program fee to apply for aid. Selected recipients will have an expressed desire to learn, be in good academic standing, and be ready and excited for Temple’s pre-college experience.
Financial Aid Application Requirements
Within this application, you will be asked to submit:
- Some information about you and your household
- Proof of income, such as but not limited to cop(ies) of W2, 1040, paystub, proof of free or reduced lunch, or other official proof of government assistance from 2021 or 2022.
- A short essay (150-500 words)
- Name and contact information of a teacher or guidance counselor who can submit a recommendation on your behalf
For families with parents who are divorced or separated, we suggest including financial information for each parent. We understand this might be difficult and time consuming and appreciate your efforts to help us distribute our limited financial aid budget fairly.